SWBFGamers Giveaway

Started by SleepKiller, November 06, 2012, 07:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Greetings people. If you like to get a hold of classic fun Star Wars games and play them you have come to the right place. Not interested? We did mention this was a free giveaway right? In this lovely giveaway if you win you'll receive a Steam copy of Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It is a brilliant game to it's core. Good fun. The best part might be that it works on both PCs and Macs. Which means no matter which OS you have you can play this game thanks to Steamplay. (Because come on who doesn't want to get a ten year old Star Wars game sent to them over Steam by some random from New Zealand?)

Entering is simple create an account with your e-mail. Preferably with your forum name so I know who you are. If you win I gift the game to your e-mail address simple really. Each person can earn up to entries one through answering a simple question the other through liking SWBFGamers on Facebook. Anyone caught entering more times than twice through the two methods described above will be disqualified from the giveaway.

The giveaway will begin tomorrow and Led will presuming he was right about HTML code working on the front page put the giveaway there. Also presuming I have set everything up right. Please don't get mad at me if it has a few speed bumps one way or another someone will leave with the game.

Comments? Complaints? Flames?

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 06, 2012, 07:06:50 PM
Greetings people. If you like to get a hold of classic fun Star Wars games and play them you have come to the right place. Not interested? We did mention this was a free giveaway right? In this lovely giveaway if you win you'll receive a Steam copy of Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It is a brilliant game to it's core. Good fun. The best part might be that it works on both PCs and Macs. Which means no matter which OS you have you can play this game thanks to Steamplay. (Because come on who doesn't want to get a ten year old Star Wars game sent to them over Steam by some random from New Zealand?)

Entering is simple create an account with your e-mail. Preferably with your forum name so I know who you are. If you win I gift the game to your e-mail address simple really. Each person can earn up to entries one through answering a simple question the other through liking SWBFGamers on Facebook. Anyone caught entering more times than twice through the two methods described above will be disqualified from the giveaway.

The giveaway will begin tomorrow and Led will presuming he was right about HTML code working on the front page put the giveaway there. Also presuming I have set everything up right. Please don't get mad at me if it has a few speed bumps one way or another someone will leave with the game.

Comments? Complaints? Flames?

(Emphasis added.)

You rang?

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 06, 2012, 07:18:48 PM

:rofl:
I still don't really get this, I have to give you my personal email so that you can spam me with unwanted e-mails?! :P
Can you dumb it down for me?  :)

I won't ever personally send you an E-mail. You will only receive one from Steam saying that you have been sent a gift and asking you what you would like to do with it.

So here is the process. The thing I am using for the giveaway. Will do these steps.

1. Ask you for your name(Please enter your forum username.) and E-mail(This will only ever be used for sending you the Steam gift and will never be shared with anyone. I will only use it to contact you if absolutely required. If you have a problem with entering your e-mail you could create a spam e-mail account on G-mail or something.) .

2. Show you ways to enter, one is required and is answering a simple question. The other us liking SWBFGamers on Facebook for an additional entry into the draw.

3. Your done. Simple really you wait for the giveaway to end. You wait for the winner to be picked randomly via computer methods. If you win you get the game if not better luck next time.

This is happening but Led has been busy with the server issues so for now you can enter over here. http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/0f45b30/. Go on what are you waiting for you can win a free game on Steam and a brilliant one at that. Even if your a mac the game will work for you. You have nothing to lose!

So I did the entry on the homepage but here's the problem, I used my e-mail address that doesn't even work anymore. I can't even log in to see my messages! So... did I do something wrong? :P

You say that if I win the game it WILL be able to play on my computer? Then how come I own it yet it doesn't work?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I used to love Outcast and Jedi Academy. Don't own them anymore, thought. This is my chance to get at least one of them back again. Yeah!
Unleashed Elemental Forces - Professional esport since 2005

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 10, 2012, 05:08:54 PM
So I did the entry on the homepage but here's the problem, I used my e-mail address that doesn't even work anymore. I can't even log in to see my messages! So... did I do something wrong? :P
You think you did something wrong? Since you can't receive the prize anyway under your current entries I will be removing them. You can re-enter under a real e-mail address.
Quote from: Josh on November 10, 2012, 05:15:34 PM
You say that if I win the game it WILL be able to play on my computer? Then how come I own it yet it doesn't work?
I'm not technical support here, the odds are it has a problem with your graphics card or something. The odds are highly likely though if you can run SWBF you can run this.

Its the video card. The game doesnt support my video card.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 10, 2012, 05:54:58 PM
You think you did something wrong? Since you can't receive the prize anyway under your current entries I will be removing them. You can re-enter under a real e-mail address.I'm not technical support here, the odds are it has a problem with your graphics card or something. The odds are highly likely though if you can run SWBF you can run this.
Thanks! I'll be sure to do it again under my new email. One question: the question we have to answer, who looks at that? :)

Only I can look at the answers and it doesn't matter what you put so long as it is actually a mod. The winner is drawn randomly.

I've entered. Thanks for the giveaway, SK!  :cheer:
I just can't seem to stay away...

November 10, 2012, 08:25:41 PM #14 Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:27:12 PM by Droideka
If this will be a continuing event, I can contribute an SW game here and there. And maybe we can find some other Sci-fi games to give away  :moo:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever