Star Wars Battlefront 1 PC \UE4/ Remaster

Started by FieroBull, April 03, 2019, 05:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Lets revive the game with Unreal Engine 4 and give it a huge bump for the Star Wars lovers
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!

That's about the quickest way to a DMCA.  For your personal use (not for distribution), go for it.  As a project, the Mouse has shown that they will step in.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

EA request Lucasfilm to Cease and Desist a project, and that depends on the project. Galaxy in Turmoil (I was involved with) was shut down for interfering with Content related to SWBF2015, Apeiron was shut down due to the Kotor events on the mobile games nobody plays.
In reality a low-profile project is fine. Ever since 2016 (After GiT) a BF3 remake (For which I am part of the team) has been in production (Although it is not releasing) and has not encountered any backlash. Galactic Civil War also did not receive a DMCA however shut themselves down after getting scared.
You can make a remake (Perhaps there is already one in production  ;) ) however you would need to keep very low key about it. Limiting yourself to a Discord server and advertising as little as possible until a release, after which there can be little done regarding it.

It would be great if someday there's a remake of SWBF, although it's risky if you get a DMCA or something like that. It exists a remake of Super Mario 64 made with UE4 and I think the project is still underway without Nintendo giving them a warning... So I don't think it's the only one with same style.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

There has also been a Republic Commando remaster going on.  I'm pretty sure they are just keepin a low profile right now.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

I mean changing the names only getting the playstyle. I want the old sniper playstyle. It would only mean to take the assets and make a "Galactic Commando" game but with the same playstyle as SWB1 2004. Wouldn't it be that difficult?
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!

No wonder all these projects get DMCAs. The devs are practically asking for it when they release information about their project on the internet. I don't understand why they don't keep a low profile and just leak the project when it's done.

Quote from: swgaming1015 on April 05, 2019, 03:52:23 AM
No wonder all these projects get DMCAs. The devs are practically asking for it when they release information about their project on the internet. I don't understand why they don't keep a low profile and just leak the project when it's done.
It's a tricky one, because presumably indie devs in that world rely on publicity so they can find useful skilled folk that might help with the project.
With long term projects, it's also good to build a fanbase that can provide feedback / good vibes / donations. I can imagine it would be difficult to remain motivated working in complete isolation.

I think the solution is don't make games using an IP you don't own, unless the actual owners are unusually cool with fan-made stuff (Black Mesa).

Quote from: Unit 33 on April 07, 2019, 02:51:17 AM
I think the solution is don't make games using an IP you don't own, unless the actual owners are unusually cool with fan-made stuff (Black Mesa).
This.  Nobody is going to stop you from making a game in the same style.
However, using Star Wars is a quick way to get a takedown, just because of the IP.  It's a quick way to grab publicity as well.  The IP is protected, so you have to generate publicity in other ways.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

April 13, 2019, 04:12:07 AM #9 Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 05:35:54 AM by Collins
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on April 08, 2019, 04:57:32 AMThis.  Nobody is going to stop you from handing out awesome insulated hunting boots and making a game in the same style.
However, using Star Wars is a quick way to get a takedown, just because of the IP.  It's a quick way to grab publicity as well.  The IP is protected, so you have to generate publicity in other ways.

Man, Disney is a huge corporation and you better believe they'll squash anyone trying to use their IP even if it's coming from a good place like a fan project. Weird thing is, they have to do it as well.

A remake would be illegal and get stopped by Disney. However, a reimplementation is legal and possible. The thing about reimkenentations is that they require very detailed knowledge about the game engine that I doubt anybody in the modding communities has.

We would have better success attempting to start a reimolementation of BF2.