Mind Bafillin' Time

Started by {TCE}Call-of-Duty, January 28, 2014, 07:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gold Man on January 30, 2014, 04:24:46 AM
Eh, I don't blame ya. There's actually some Christians who believe Evolution co-exists with God creating the earth. By no means am I saying they're wrong or right, just tossing a statement there. :P

Since we do have rules about religious topics however, I'l try and veer it away from there so that our post doesn't get locked.

And RC, you've never met any SW geeks!? I'm a SW geek, Kit probably is, and I was friends with a SW geek before I joined this website! :o
It wasn't really evolution more just artificial selection and domestication, Genesis says that all animals were created as they were but had the possibility of all the different breeds of the species (The first wolves having the DNA of a beagle for exapmle) and that only certain genes were passed down (Some of the credit belongs to us :) ) to were the species started to diversify and eventually make separate species... You also forgot me on that list >:(
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: hellish hellbird on January 29, 2014, 10:17:47 PM
Best thing to do is not think about it because it'll only further how meaningless our lives what happens to the earth and our universe really is

Well, you can say that about any one individual.  But think of it this way:

The universe has become self-aware and we humans are the sole expression of that self awareness--as far as we know at this point in time.

All of the science fiction, computer technology, role playing games---these are baby steps in the collective human experience.  If you reflect on how fast technology has progressed in the last 50 years as compared to the last 500, 5000, or 50000 we are going to do something special before too long.

So you can be the individual in a meaningless life if you want, or look at our situation in wonder, or maybe even advance the self awareness of the Universe.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

'Kay there Sarge, nice speech about the universe and self awareness and whatnot. Now lets just talk about why there were so many weird and different guest stars on Scooby Doo?

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on January 30, 2014, 05:04:29 PM
'Kay there Sarge, nice speech about the universe and self awareness and whatnot. Now lets just talk about why there were so many weird and different guest stars on Scooby Doo?

You will have to make a new topic for that.  Feel free.  I'm sure we can find you a Scooby Doo fan site our there somewhere too.  Although that may be a bit advanced for you and your SpongeBob experience.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

In that case i'll make a Spongebob Topic