Gamespydev response :(

Started by {PLA}gdh92, November 12, 2012, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I E-mailed gamespy and have actually got a response from a real person but it's not good....

Hi Glyn,

Lucas Arts no longer supports this title and as a service provider to Lucas Arts we're obligated to follow their directions and have disabled this game on our end. You may want to reach out to Lucas Arts.

AFC/

The strange thing is Lucasarts hasn't changed their posistion on SWBF in a few years as far as I know so this doesn't mean much just that gamespy probably won't help.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

November 12, 2012, 08:36:17 AM #1 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:19:43 AM by Josh
NO NO NO!!!!!! Maybe we could pay them to keep it up? NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on November 12, 2012, 08:25:07 AM
The strange thing is Lucasarts hasn't changed their posistion on SWBF in a few years as far as I know so this doesn't mean much just that gamespy probably won't help.

Gee I wonder what changed their position?

I don't even know how to respond to this. They just shut down the game I've loved for 6 years.  :o

Are we going to be petitioning Lucasarts now? That seems to be our best option at this point.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

November 12, 2012, 09:58:34 AM #5 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:10:53 AM by Josh
This means war mickey mouse, YOU HEAR ME?!?!? THIS MEANS WAR! I will burn you alive!!!!! I will skin bambi! I will behead goofy! I will shoot miney mouse! I will drown donald duck! I will starve your dog! I will kill the seven dwarfs with a NUCLEAR bomb! All the disney princesses will be hung! I WILL KILL YOU ALL!

Quote from: Josh on November 12, 2012, 09:58:34 AM
This means war mickey mouse, YOU HEAR ME?!?!? THIS MEANS WAR! I will burn you alive!!!!! I will skin bambi! I will behead goofy! I will shoot miney mouse! I will drown donald duck! I will starve your dog! I will kill the seven dwarfs with a NUCLEAR bomb! All the disney princesses will be hung! I WILL KILL YOU ALL!

then they will take you to Room 101 and "cure" you by playing a Hannah Montana album

November 12, 2012, 11:00:24 AM #7 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:15:45 PM by {U.E.F}Gamergirl
I always expect the worst case, and now here it is. Well, if only every player knew how to use Tunngle. Spread it, the community stands as one. We do not need Gamespy.
Unleashed Elemental Forces - Professional esport since 2005

Well we should find some one who is in charge and spam them until they put servers back up.

RIP Swbf1 the best game ever made. Officially killed 11-7-2012.

We will be lucky to get even 25% of the player base to install and use tunngle. It just wont be the same without internet MP.

We should try whatever is necessary to get lucasarts/disney to support this game again. There has to be a way and we must find it. But not with the kind of attitude josh has. That stupid kind of talk is just going to make things worse.

November 12, 2012, 11:15:39 AM #10 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:25:11 AM by Joseph
Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on November 12, 2012, 11:13:27 AM
Well we should find some one who is in charge and spam them until they put servers back up.

awful idea

Quote from: {U.E.F}Gamergirl on November 12, 2012, 11:00:24 AM
I always expect the worst case, and now here it is. Well, if only every player knew how to use Tunngle. Spread it, the community stands as one. We do not need Gamespy.

This is the correct solution.

One way of reaching people who you don't see on xfire is by looking to see if they have registered on this site. You may be surprised how many familiar people you can find by searching, even if they've never posted. You can them PM them and this message would likely go to their regular personal email. If led could send out a community wide PM that would be ideal.

Obviously, everyone in a clan should be sure that all of their clanmates know about Tunngle.

November 12, 2012, 11:20:51 AM #11 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:26:50 AM by Josh
Its a joke phobes, just to lighten the mood on this tragic turn of events. But seriously, the reason they shut it down is becouse of money. If we pay them money, maybe they will bring it back.

God...
And why did they close it now ? =(
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Nooooo :'( , it was nice playing with all you guys. I will miss those times :(. Maybe i can get tunnggle to work but it will never be the same :(. if Lucas arts doesn't support Swbf then who does? Maybe someone could buy it....

November 12, 2012, 12:36:56 PM #14 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:54:19 PM by {PLA}gdh92
I just wanted to say a few things about this;
First of all while I disagree with what Gamespy have done many new games are turned off after 2 years now so 8 years of support (which must cost them) shouldn't be forgotten.

Also while I think as many should complain as possible it should be kept civil, spamming won't help. The one person I have got through to not only gave me the original message I posted but also sent me another telling me about the possibility of using gameranger which I appreciate him going out of his way to do. Gamespy might not be popular but the individuals who deal with us have done nothing wrong.

And finally I have been in contact with LucasArts who just sent me this;
Hi Glyn,
We are currently looking into this issue.
Your case has been escalated to our tier 2 department for review, a tier 2 agent will contact you when have more information in regards to this issue.

:censored: with Technical support.
It doesn't mean very much but it does at least mean there are still people around at LucasArts.

Edit: The censored bit is just a name of the person I'm E-mailing who i didn't think would like his name published here at the moment. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)