Started by tirpider, November 01, 2012, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Jango and Boba Fett Variants

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=803

(sorry for the big screenshot)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

tirpider - editing
Pandemic - source materials
Special thanks to {Alpha}Boom27, Snake, and the rest of the folks at SWBFGamers.com for inspiring this series.

This pack contains several backpack/jetpack kama variations on the Jango and Boba Fett models.
No custom skins have been included, but all have been made OverrideTexture compatible.

Ther reason for this pack of hex-edits, is to provide the units without requiring the addon functionality, (I don't believe addon's support override_texture,) and to ensure the packs line up and include the proper shadows. (If you see one that needs adjusting, please let me know and I'll take care of it.)

The source models (OTC_BF2_Boba_Fett and OTC_BF2_Jango_Fett) are not included in this pack as they are part of an ongoing stock unit series and will be maintained seperatly. They can be found at http://www.swbfgamers.com/ .

Here are the details on each of the variants:

nopack - No pack
epack  - Engineer Backpack
hpack  - Shocktrooper Backpack
mpack  - Soft Backpack
rpack  - Rebel Backpack
spack  - Imp Snowtrooper Backpack
djet   - Darktrooper Jetpack
v1jet  - V1 Jetpack
v2jet  - V2 Jetpack

Units with a kama have "_kama" at the end of thier filename.

Units based on Jango Fett, begin with "jan_"
Units based on Boba Fett, begin with "bob_"

So if you want the Jango that has a Shocktrooper pack and a kama, you would look for:
jan_inf_hpack_kama.msh

I know it's a bit of a complex naming scheme, but I had to come up with something, so... there it is. :)

Q - 'Why on Earth did you put them all in the same folder like that?'

A - To keep a smaller file size for the archive. There are many tga's that are shared by many of the models.
I already feel a little bad for including the Pandemic original artwork, but they are there as place holders.
Making a folder for each model would leave me with 2 options:
1. don't ship the textures. (that would leave an extra step for those who didn't use the OT feature)
2. Put the textures in seperate folders with the models. (that would mean shipping many copies of the same tga.)

To help out, here is a list of tga dependancies
(be sure to grab the .option files of the same name where they exist.)

All the 'bob_' models use "imp_inf_bobafett.tga"
All the 'jan_' models use "cis_inf_jangofett.tga"
All the '_kama' models use "imp_inf_bobafett_jetpack.tga"

nopack - No extra tgas
epack  - "all_inf_engineer.tga"
hpack  - "Imp_inf_trooper_pack.tga"
mpack  - "All_Inf_Trooper_packs.tga"
rpack  - "All_Inf_Trooper_packs.tga"
spack  - "all_stormtrooper_hoth_backpack.tga"
djet   - "imp_inf_darktrooper_pack.tga"
v1jet  - "jetpack_prop.tga"
v2jet  - "rep_inf_ep3jettrooperjetpack.tga"

To make use of the override texture feature (I recomend this,) the following lines need to be in the unit's odf:
(replace texturename with the name of your texture, do not include the ".tga" part of the name.)
OverrideTexture  = "texturename"  // body, helmet
OverrideTexture2  = "texturename"  // jetpack

For units with a kama, then:
OverrideTexture2  = "texturename"  // kama

nopack only requires the first OverrideTexture.

Unfortunately, I cannot make the jetpack and the kama override texture compatible in the same unit without either dropping OT for the main unit, or rebuilding the UV's and tga's for the packs and kama. So I had to choose between packs or kama. I chose the kama for those that have it.

Parts were sourced entirely from the following:

SWBF1
all_inf_marksperson.msh   (backpack)(Pandemic)
all_inf_soldier.msh       (backpack)(Pandemic)
imp_inf_shocktrooper.msh  (backpack)(Pandemic)
imp_inf_snowtrooper.msh   (backpack and kama)(Pandemic)
imp_inf_darktrooper.msh   (jetpack)(Pandemic)
rep_inf_jettrooper.msh    (jetpack)(Pandemic)

SWBF2
cis_inf_jangofett.msh     (Pandemic)
imp_inf_bobafett.msh      (Pandemic)
all_inf_engineer.msh      (backpack)(Pandemic)
rep_inf_ep3jettrooper.msh (jetpack)(Pandemic)
and the various tga's, .options, and lowres models that they came with.

Changes: (using the OTC Jango and Boba models as a base)
- Most all of the geometry has been filtered through my process, so the triangle and polygon lists mirror the triangle strips exactly.
- Added, removed and altered many complete and partial MODL and MATD chunks. (I can't count the number of edits, but they were all basic, except for shadows.)

Possible future edits:
- I skipped the battledroid pack because I had some trouble getting it isolated. Perhaps I'll do it later.
- Possibly a custom set of textures. (If anyone feels up to skinning a pile of Mandalorians and thier new luggage, let me know)
- 3DOC error '46th polygon in 6th object is bad' ... It's the shadow for the kama and there is no 46th polygon (only 45.) I may redo the kama to make that go away, but it doesn't affect anything (munge or in-game), so I am not too worried about it.
-

Notes:
- This was interesting. I don't know If I'll take on another variant pack.... well.. if it's a good one, hehe, but not for a while.
- If you are using a jet effect, you may need to adjust it so that it is closer to the unit's back to line up with the jets. (about +0.03 along the z axis should do it.) I had to close the gap between the unit's back and the packs.
-

-tirpider (tirpider@yahoo.com)
visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/

My face just exploded. It made a right mess. This is amazing resource, I'm sure it'll be invaluable in future.

hehe
wait till you see some of the upcomming stuff

Nice, now, it's cud be realy helpfull, if somebody try to create map, about army of Mandalorians...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: tirpider on November 02, 2012, 02:56:34 AM
hehe
wait till you see some of the upcomming stuff
Rebs! Rebs! Rebs! Rebs!