Logo

Started by DownTreat, November 10, 2014, 08:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello Everyone:) how to put your logo in the splash screen SWBF1?

it appears to go into your BFBuilder folder somewhere
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

November 11, 2014, 11:07:28 AM #4 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:09:41 AM by RepubliqueCmdr
That won't build any LVL by itself, it's just got some basic needs for the compile to work.

There is, however, a Load.lvl Builder included in the v4 Mod Toolbox here:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4382.0

Once you extract the archive, go into \SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox V4b\Load.lvl Builder\
Now go into /Data/Load/MSH/
Find load_simple_backdrop.tga
You need to edit this file with GIMP or some other program that can open and save TGA files.
After you save the file, go back up to the \SWBF1 Modding LVL Builders Toolbox V4b\Load.lvl Builder\
directory and double click MUNGE LOAD.bat
A command prompt window should appear, it is compiling the new Load.lvl for you.
When it's done, exit it, and go into: _LVL_PC folder and copy the load.lvl file.

Go to your battlefront directory:
Usually C:\ProgramFiles\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\
go into GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\Load\
Find load.lvl and rename it to load_backup.lvl
Then paste the copied load.lvl you got from the builder into the same folder.

You can now run battlefront and see your changes.
Note that this doesn't apply to the stock planetary load screens.

Quote from: RepubliqueCmdr on November 11, 2014, 11:07:28 AM
...Note that this doesn't apply to the stock planetary load screens.

Actually, I'm kind of interested in how to do that; edit Planetary load screens. Would you mind telling me how I can do this, via Message or Tutorial?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 11, 2014, 03:57:33 PM
Actually, I'm kind of interested in how to do that; edit Planetary load screens. Would you mind telling me how I can do this, via Message or Tutorial?

you should just remove them all together, you join games in a fraction of the time

Quote from: Midsagital on November 11, 2014, 04:28:31 PM
you should just remove them all together, you join games in a fraction of the time

I suppose that's nice too, but I would like to add a load screen to some of the mod maps I've downloaded.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I don't think there are assets for the planetary loading screens, but they would be the other LVL files in the Load folder of the battlefront directory. I imagine each planetary loading screen has a configuration file that sets up the sequence to display (like which one to display first, the duration of the frame, simple effects to apply like rotation or scale).

Maybe when I can get my LVL decompiler tool to a working state we can decompile them and put it into some builder. Unfortunately we just don't have the assets to compile the planetary load screens yet.

Also, skipping a load screen is possible (battlebelk loader for example), but that isn't going to make the world load faster. There is still a few seconds that the old battlefront engine needs to read all the world data and initialize the 3d engine. Getting rid of the load screen would only get rid of a few (depending on your computer hardware) seconds of load time (2-3 max on stock maps).

While we're wishing, I wish we had the C++ source of battlefront so we could optimize it, compile it for a more modern OS environment and load everything more quickly, and in larger quantities.

I think planetary loading screens are obnoxious  :moo:

For changing textures, the load.lvl builder in toolbox v4 works using the steps repcom outlined. If you need to edit the config file to adjust zoom in values there is another way but it requires hex editing the munged config.

In the toolbox v5 prototype kit I have a load.lvl builder v2 started from 2012 which wasn't finished. The notes for the required hex edits are missing but you should be able to compare the files using deepdiff. I have attached the unfinished load.config munger to this post

The load.lvl builder can be modified to work for mod maps in theory too, I think you would have to mod the global load.lvl and build a custom one for each world or LUA file. I have also modded a nebula load.lvl which has quick-load settings and skips the default planetary map transitions.

Speaking of logos, has anybody come across this while trying to create custom startup logos?

Message Severity: 2
D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\FLEffect.cpp(180)
FLEffect::Read: duplicate effect class name (04a25e84)!

The splash screens do not display with a custom shell.lvl (even if you do not modify these). Perhaps the game loads these screens from another LVL file aside from shell? (bootlegal, lucasarts_logo, pandemic_logo)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1