Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (formerly BFIII)

Started by ggctuk, November 05, 2009, 02:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, so Battlefront :Elite Squadron is already out in the US and it's due out here in the UK tomorrow.

So i thought it'd be a good time to discuss the newest installment of the Battlefront series.

The game follows X1 and X2, two clones created from Jedi Master Falon Grey. After Palpatine issues Order 66, X1 and X2 obey the order (the same as the other Clones). X1 himself kills Falon Grey. However, X2 becomes uneasy and eventually abandons the Empire and joins the Rebellion, learning to become a Jedi much like his host self. Eventually, X1 and X2 confront each other, and this confrontation will ultimately shape the fates of both the Empire and the Rebellion.

I've seen some reviews, and screens of BF: ES, and I must say while the job was good on it, they could have used a new story and kept this one to wherever BFIII is going, as this was actually one of BFIII's stories (in fact, the X1 and X2 fighting scene is practically the same from the leaked BFIII footage).

I have yet to get the game, but I'm going to get it on DS tomorrow, and then get a PSP and this game for it in the New Year.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I just tried the demo and it is pretty cool. I like how you get to board the other capital ships and take out the power core, before having to board an escape pod and "escape"!

I'm not a very big fan of the customization for some reason. (Prefer the Original SWBF1  :shrug:)

So from my point of view...: 8/10

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

The DS version is good in the Campaign mode, but it lacks in the Instant Action mode. It's not the "portable battlefront experience on the DS" they bragged about giving us.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I have been playing this for some time on the PSP, I think it's fairly
amazing it's all managed to get in that thing !
The game-play is awesome, however there are several annoyances, such as the inability to actually drive the ATAT, and the fact multiplayer has already been hacked,
but besides that I think it's a really fun game that I will certainly play it for some time...

as a professional game reviewer ill give my score a 7/10 because its repetitive use the ion cannon take out the shields go abourd blow it up go back down continously lose command posts  here commander cody keep saying we need more command posts  grees right bf1 is better :D

I now have the PSP version so I'll rate it now. I give it 7/10. It's not got the same charm as BF2, not by a long shot.

The game is somewhat more repetitive than the previous ones. It was a nice concept but linking the map so you can take part in space, ground or interior lacks something. Space battles fail to have much of an impact on the ground battle unless you've captured all the CPs on the ground. I also disliked the fact that you have two vehicle choices in space - fighter and drop ship. I also disliked the use of 'secondary' ships as base ships. Another point is the personalization feature is EXACTLY THE SAME as Renegade Squadron. We were promised more. The only thing that they added was the need to unlock personalization features and weapons, and only a couple of new weapons were added. I was expecting the deeper customization Rebellion boasted about, and it was missing. Another thing is the abscense of a couple of planets from the game, and a few absent-from-personalization units (which feature in the game itself). I would have liked to see Geonosis and Kamino (which has been absent from the PSP versions of Battlefront), Rhen Var, Naboo and other planets.

So that's pretty much all I have to say, and I hope if Rebellion make another Battlefront, they take this into consideration.
In Progress:

On Hold: