No Auto Aim

Started by Rookie 1, August 27, 2015, 03:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know of a way to disable the auto aim when playing battlefront 1 with a controller? I tried the /noaim command but I guess it only works with servers and not single player. I've never been a mouse and keyboard guy.

Are you using 1.2 ?  noaim shows up in a search in the 1.2 exe when I look with a hex editor, so I think that switch should work with 1.2 even if you are not using the dedicated server software.

Also, just to check, do you know how to use switches for disk based game?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Rookie 1 on August 27, 2015, 03:15:23 AM
Does anyone know of a way to disable the auto aim when playing battlefront 1 with a controller? I tried the /noaim command but I guess it only works with servers and not single player. I've never been a mouse and keyboard guy.
You can enable or disable autoaim support for controllers in singleplayer, by modding the side weapon ODFs and remunging the LVLs. By default it is enabled for weapons like rifle, shotgun, pistol, crossbow, and some other weapons. The code line you need to modify is LockOnRange. When set to 0 like the stock sniper, controller autoaim support is disabled. Whatever number this is set to will enable controller AA for that range, but I think anything over 100 is ignored by the game.

So, go into the rifle and other ODFs and make sure every weapon has this
LockOnRange      = "0.0"

See this thread for more info
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7770.0

Switches are where you add the command to the exe target correct? I tried again and adding the /noaim did not work. Though others like /nomovies or /win did.

Quote from: Phobos on August 27, 2015, 06:17:21 AM
You can enable or disable autoaim support for controllers in singleplayer, by modding the side weapon ODFs and remunging the LVLs. By default it is enabled for weapons like rifle, shotgun, pistol, crossbow, and some other weapons. The code line you need to modify is LockOnRange. When set to 0 like the stock sniper, controller autoaim support is disabled. Whatever number this is set to will enable controller AA for that range, but I think anything over 100 is ignored by the game.

So, go into the rifle and other ODFs and make sure every weapon has this
LockOnRange      = "0.0"

See this thread for more info
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7770.0

That's a nice side option I'll consider thanks. Though I'm guessing it wouldn't work with maps with modded sides. The most annoying thing is starfighters do it too. I'll try to blast someone on the ground and the fighter locks on to that person and tries to stop me from pulling up.

If the switch won't work, the next easiest method would be to host your own home server using the dedicated server software and put noaim in the command line.  You can host and play on the same computer.

First, start your game with the disk, then alt-tab out and start the server.  Then join your session.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet