[WIP] Naboo: Otoh Gunga.

Started by Sereja, March 27, 2013, 01:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Sereja on April 11, 2013, 06:24:28 PM
Funny: when I tell about that, to my mom, she say: "I am ready to prepare your package in any time!" ...
Haha! Someone wants you out of the house!  :rofl:

Quote from: Sereja on April 11, 2013, 06:24:28 PM
Actualy, those "breefing bubble" realy confuse me, so I have a question, for real Star Wars fans: if some of the gungans accidentaly, fall down, to the bottom floor, how he suppose to get up from there?   :D
*Kit Fisto to the rescue!*
Well there are 2 possible solutions,

1) There is a ramp that you can't see in the movie
2) The simply jump out of the bubble and swim back to the entrance!

Those pictures are amazing. I am looking forward to this more than Nar Shaddaa! It really looks like the map is under water!
How large is the map? Is it smaller than Nar Shaddaa?
And do we actually get to drive a bongo?!  :ohmy:

This is amazing..  :o
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 11, 2013, 07:22:49 PM #32 Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:26:21 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 11, 2013, 06:30:25 PM
Well there are 2 possible solutions,

1) There is a ramp that you can't see in the movie

I was thinking it was part of the ramp you didn't see in the movie, but upon closer examination of this image...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It shows that the ramp is fully in the shot (view right side). I'd have to go with Kit's original explanation though, there's a ramp you don't see in the movie. Which explains THIS image!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

And THIS image!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dillema solved. :P Either way, looking forward to this map too!

Thank's! :)
I am also love this map, and start to imagine it, long time ago. But only now, I have enough knowlege to finish it...
Those pictures are amazing. I am looking forward to this more than Nar Shaddaa! It really looks like the map is under water!
How large is the map? Is it smaller than Nar Shaddaa?
And do we actually get to drive a bongo?!  :ohmy:

Hmm... Let's see:
Nar Shaddaa
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Otoh Gunga
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Those white floating balls, at both maps, is actualy a godrays, so, they are same size, at both maps, and you can see the difference.
Nar Shaddaa look's bigger, because of lot fake buildings, but actualy this is very similar maps, by size and structure: big building in the middle, and circle of small buildings around it.
Drive a bongo?! :D That's interesting idea, but for some other, probably the first underwater "dogfight" map. Sorry, this time, I do not let you drive it, mostly becouse of clamsy AI pilots. They surely never can safely land it, in bongo hangar. Also, my buildings, become very laggy, if you look at them, from starfighter position. ("Too much beauty at once" bug).

That's what I realy didn't think about :slap:...  :rofl:
Hmm... Actualy, I didn't spot any ramp, even in concept art... Seems gungans, just may die there... :confused:
Haha! Someone wants you out of the house!  :rofl:
Oh, I was almost sure, she like every day discussion about modding... :blink:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on April 11, 2013, 07:52:57 PM
Quote from: Kit FistoHaha! Someone wants you out of the house!  :rofl:
:confused:Oh, I was almost sure, she like every day discussion about modding... :blink:
I Feel your pain.

I like the design your custom maps have. The big circle and out lying platforms. It's very ingenious!
It makes sense that you can't drive the bongos.
Quote from: Sereja on April 11, 2013, 07:52:57 PM
Also, my buildings, become very laggy, if you look at them, from starfighter position. ("Too much beauty at once" bug).
That's what I realy didn't think about :slap:...  :rofl:
Haha! That seems to be a reoccurring problem!

So how far are you into this?

April 12, 2013, 05:39:50 PM #36 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:31:53 AM by Sereja
The problem is, creators of the films, never discuss with me, any of theyr projects, so, as result, we got canon models, which have a lot of issues on practice... :D
Oh, well, luckily, I am still in modding, and can fix this :P.
Well, breefing bubble, got at last those new ramp!

But for now, it's time for some fishing, on Opee...

-Edit

Oh, just look at this cute!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Sereja on April 12, 2013, 05:39:50 PM

-Edit

[spoiler][/spoiler]

You are Rembrandt with XSI.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thank's, Buckler! :)
Actualy, you spot another of my wasted talents. Long time ago, I made real paintings, and even spent few years in art school. Well, the times are changes, and I, change real brush, to PC mouse...

Quote from: Sereja on April 12, 2013, 05:39:50 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Wow.
Absolutely beautiful.

Dang! You're just too good Sereja, too good!
My brain slowly melts down due to the awesomeness every time I see these pictures (or play your maps!) :D

Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 13, 2013, 11:38:13 AM
Dang! You're just too good Sereja, too good!
My brain slowly melts down due to the awesomeness every time I see these pictures (or play your maps!) :D
You might want to see a qualified doctor about that.

Good stuff Sereja!

Question; how do you construct the textures for your models?

Thank's guys! :)
Unfortunately, this creature, actualy, will be only a sky object, so, you may even not spot it, in the ocean dark abyss... :(
Quote from: UNIT 33 on April 13, 2013, 11:43:09 AM
Question; how do you construct the textures for your models?
Hmm... Not sure, what exactly stage, of "texture construct", you interesting about...
Most of textures, I found in the internet, and just copy image, to standard sized tga's, with Paint Shop Pro 7.
And here the way, how I am usualy add materials to models:
Material>Phong>Color(some wrench tool icon)>Image>(Image) New>New From File>Scene_Material.tga (or something else, choose tga from the list in Pictures folder)>(Texture Projection) New>(choose projection).
After that, you may edit them, by clicking Alt+7.

April 13, 2013, 08:03:06 PM #43 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:13:01 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Sereja on April 13, 2013, 03:51:02 PM
Unfortunately, this creature, actualy, will be only a sky object, so, you may even not spot it, in the ocean dark abyss...
Yeah, it's hard to see the Kamino Sky whale I FINALLY got textured today, hopefully it's more easy to see yours than it is to see mine :P [spoiler][/spoiler]
Quote from: Sereja on April 13, 2013, 03:51:02 PMMost of textures, I found in the internet, and just copy image, to standard sized tga's, with Paint Shop Pro 7.
And here the way, how I am usualy add materials to models:
Material>Phong>Color(some wrench tool icon)>Image>(Image) New>New From File>Scene_Material.tga (or something else, choose tga from the list in Pictures folder)>(Texture Projection) New>(choose projection).
After that, you may edit them, by clicking Alt+7.
Yeah, figured that out the long and hard way this after noon, trying to get Kamino Topica dome (no, not the stalk one) textured, it took me 2 hours... what does "Phong" mean anyways...?

Wow, nice Aiwha! :tu:
Natural shaped models, is always hard to made...
Well, I have no idea, what the "Phong" button means, but it works! :P
You may try "Lambert", or something else, and see, if there exist some difference... Actualy, in XSI, exist lot of buttons, I never click yet...
By the way, here the link, to lot of video tutorials, and it's far beyond of my knowlege:
http://www.si-community.com/community/viewforum.php?f=46