Strange things in SWBF

Started by Led, February 19, 2009, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 24, 2012, 09:44:23 PM #30 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:47:13 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on September 24, 2012, 09:16:21 PM
Games glitch from time to time, nothing is solid 100% in computers. Can you produce the result again of it happening? If so it is likely that the collision primitives are unintentionally setup in a such away that allows a blast on just the right angle to touch the collision of the pilot sitting inside the vehicle.

That is exactly what I am thinking SK, that there must be a very small portion of the windshield which lacks collision, and appears solid but can be shot through. It would take some time to produce a video of this result but I can assure you it can be replicated. The hard part in determining the exact angle is further complicated by the fact the rockets in virtually all servers are set to lock on to vehicles. It might be easier to try replicating this scenario in a server which mods out vehicle lock-ons for rockets. But I have seen this happen at least 10 times over the past few years and never with the CIS clone or imperial tanks just rebel (kitfisto i am not talking about secondary copilot positions at all here i understand your point).

The most recent time this happend was a week or two ago in enteichichc server. I was sitting on top of the mountain and some dude from across the map shot me out of the tank (full health) with a rocket  :dry:

September 24, 2012, 11:27:59 PM #31 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:36:44 PM by Phobos
Quote from: ImmortaL Anyder on September 24, 2012, 01:41:05 PM
Im using my Tsukuyomi in Mos
Check out when that pic was taken before acussing me  :rofl:
theres no dates on the pics and u just posted them recently? try being less ambiguous :rofl:

Here are several pics of strange things happening in swbf1. Some of these pictures were taken by cull and others by me. Features alien mutations, texture scrambles, and other bizarre phenomenon.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Regent on September 24, 2012, 01:52:45 PM
Greatest glitch I've seen.

Infinite mine explosion/fountain.
http://beta.xfire.com/videos/593565
ComCody and I figured out how to replicate it: http://beta.xfire.com/videos/593807 At the end, you can see the general idea of how we did it. I believe it can only happen once per map, as we could not get it to work on that map after the first time.

Quote from: Phobos on September 24, 2012, 11:27:59 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
That looks like what happened on LEGO Universe when someone died. :P
I just can't seem to stay away...

Quote from: ComFrost on September 25, 2012, 06:05:15 AM
ComCody and I figured out how to replicate it: http://beta.xfire.com/videos/593807 At the end, you can see the general idea of how we did it. I believe it can only happen once per map, as we could not get it to work on that map after the first time.
So... two opposing mines on opposite surfaces?

Rage those all pics were taken of mods, idk whats strange of that...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Regent on September 25, 2012, 09:28:24 AM
So... two opposing mines on opposite surfaces?
Yeah, but there has to be something between them or they will just blow up.

September 25, 2012, 01:44:36 PM #36 Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:53:48 PM by Regent
Anyder and Phobos, if you wish to continue arguing please take it off this forum. If it continues I'll get mardy.

Quote from: ComFrost on September 25, 2012, 11:09:11 AM
Yeah, but there has to be something between them or they will just blow up.
Then how did we manage it in Mustafar?The mines are on the ground.

I dont but I rly wonder why that guy is flaming me now when I havent mentioned him or talked to him in any post or comment.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

September 25, 2012, 05:09:25 PM #38 Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:11:00 PM by {212}Mart
Today i was playing swbf, so then I came out of server, and Random pop music showed up, like what the... , i had no programs on except for xfire and swbf, Phobos, does you twlight CC include music?  ::)  the music would not exit out until a exited out swbf...like what the...

Quote from: Regent on September 25, 2012, 01:44:36 PM
Then how did we manage it in Mustafar?The mines are on the ground.
We didn't try it without a wall, maybe you don't need a wall between them. Just don't get them close enough to blow them up. :shrug:

Quote from: ImmortaL Anyder on September 25, 2012, 09:59:09 AM
Rage those all pics were taken of mods, idk whats strange of that...
Actually most of those pics aren't mods. Cull's video card does strange things that to the average noob may look like a mod but really its not.

Quote from: {212}Mart on September 25, 2012, 05:09:25 PM
Today i was playing swbf, so then I came out of server, and Random pop music showed up, like what the... , i had no programs on except for xfire and swbf, Phobos, does you twlight CC include music?  ::)  the music would not exit out until a exited out swbf...like what the...

None of my twilgiht skins ahve music added

Quote from: Phobos on September 25, 2012, 07:11:43 PM
Actually most of those pics aren't mods. Cull's video card does strange things that to the average noob may look like a mod but really its not.
Cull's video card is a mysterious and wonderful thing...it has been responsible for the majority of the most strange and inexplicable things I've seen in this game.

too bad he doesn't post here anymore.

I have AI units that goof up like that, tanks have that weird problem on TcF Allied server sometimes (for me only)
and i have no mods on. . .

Ok my story is on Ps2 version as i normaly dont have online i like to play on Geonosis and well an techno ship (SPAWN POINT) Had a Droid sniper (AI i had no online) it Hs ed me from the Rep base to the techno ship he was on top He was BLACK AS THE NIGHT SKY I took a gunship to look he was there and disapeared and i died is said PLAYER 1 WAS KILLED  and there was no name at all.... and my map made werid sounds when i shot a blaster rifle it make a Stinger Kervanish sound and well i died again but it said PLAYER 2 KILLED PLAYER 1 and was a droideka afther the game i looked at scores and there was a SPACE with no name fav class assasin droid reward camper and there was one named PLAYER 2 and it said Fav class droideka reward killing alot 25 times i never played my ps2 one again EVER ...... any one have any thing like that ever happen oh and my cross hair wasnt on my screen it was gone all i saw for aiming was a small Y dot thing  :ohmy: :o

Eh, I'm not one for strange phenomenon in SWBF, but there is one weird story I recall, nothing spooky, just plain weird.

Ok, so the one day I was on a server with some players (I know a Wusi was there, forget who though), and we were just doing a regular hallway battle on CC. So, one of the guys shot me, I died, and respawned. When I clicked spawn, there was a 3 second delay, and next thing I know, I show up dead again. So I chatted saying I just died as I spawned, no mines were in the CP, at all. Next thing I know, I realize that the Wusi guy (again, I forget his name), had actually scored a perfect headshot on me, RIGHT at the exact moment I spawned, which explains why I didn't see my HUD at all and why I died. Bizarre, a one in a million shot, and it happened. Still amazes me to this day that such a rare occurrence could happen.