Any Halo 1 PC players out there?

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, December 29, 2009, 07:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I just got Halo: Combat Evolved PC for Christmas, (One of my favorite games of all time. I've played it on Xbox at friends' houses before, but I don't own an Xbox myself, so I've been Halo-less up until X-mas '09. And I only recently discovered that they made it for PC a few years after the original came out. Yes, I realize I'm very late.) Anyway, so I'm having a heck of a load of fun playing a game I've absolutely loved but never been able play for all these years, and wondering if any of the PCs around here still play this epic FPS, multiplayer or otherwise.

If I am correct, that game is 8 years old, 6 years old for the PC. I'm surprised GameSpy didn't close down the server list for Halo :O

#TYBG

December 30, 2009, 01:58:14 PM #2 Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:03:15 PM by ~{PLA}~ Seth
Well, they must not have. According to the Xfire game statistics, on the "Xfire users playing today" thing, there are 4,209 Xfire users still playing it, with 461,846 minutes played per day. Based on what I see on the page, it still has a community playing it, what with all the freshly made multiplayer videos. See for yourselves.

http://www.xfire.com/games/halo/Halo/

Interesting.

Too bad I can't play online. For some reason, whenever I click "Internet" in the multiplayer menu, it will say, "You must have administrator priveleges to download this required patch." All I can click is OK, but that just takes me back to the multiplayer menu. Dang.