ICW3 Week 5

Started by Oven, September 11, 2013, 01:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 13, 2013, 04:40:50 PM #15 Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:46:18 PM by Oven
Well, what do other people think about the last few posts?

--Nixo's first idea (which I gave as an amendment) boils down to: all matches are fair unless the attackers are really lacking, and then give defenders the nod.

--Hond's idea boils down to: make the matches close but always give defenders a slight advantage.

--Someone whose name escapes me's idea (which I repeated in the OP) boils down to: Just make all the matches even.

--Nixo's second idea idea boils down to: Set some maximum ratio by which attackers may be outnumbered.

I think there should be an attempt to

-include as many people as possible

so we should lean towards a policy that allow the most people to play. If that's our only criterion, then Nixo's second idea may be the best. But that needn't be our only criterion.

We still have time to discuss.

(Discussion of policy is, after all, one of the foundational ideas of the ICW).

Oven, I am now the representative for YAK.

Nixo I'll get back re: Arena.

It deoesn't matter I don't think. 5EST should work okay I just need to check but leave it at that for now :P

Battles start in a few hours; we should finalize the numbers rule. I've had a couple people mention they would prefer a 2-man advantage for defenders. Any objections? If not, this will be the new rule.

There is an ambiguity so far though: If the attacker brings 8 (say), and the defender brings 9, there are two possibilities:

A. Make an attacker leave. (So the advantage is strict)
B. Have an 8v9. (So the advantage is only available if the defenders can actually bring 2 extra players.)

I am slightly (not strongly) inclined to have option A.

So if there's over 8 people on both teams the starting numbers have to be even - If either team has less than 8 the defenders can have up to 2 more but no less. Is that right?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Good game. At least we solved the who being outnumbered problem.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: SirPimped on September 14, 2013, 11:51:45 AM
Good game. At least we solved the who being outnumbered problem.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Yea theres a chance that they may have had a SLIGHT advantage, just a little... in other news {212}'s merc count unexpectedly sky rocketed today.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I don't think i need to say this because oven was there, but about half of the YAK's left before game ended...

September 14, 2013, 12:41:41 PM #23 Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:50:32 PM by Oven
Quote from: {212}FrenchFryZ on September 14, 2013, 12:35:41 PM
I don't think i need to say this because oven was there, but about half of the YAK's left before game ended...

Correct. The match began fairly.

A couple of YAK were kicked for name faking. Some people mistake me for a fool.

A couple isn't half of the team
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Rage, Majesty
I think even after you take out those who left at the end, you still can't say that's half.

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 14, 2013, 12:59:21 PM
A couple isn't half of the team
Read the post I quoted. The others ragequit right before the end.

Really fun and clean game on streets.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I think harbour makes people act strangely. It must be snowblindness or something. :)
GG to everyone at Streets, it was a fun 5 on 5 that needed a lot of skill. Which explains my score.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I am going to change the numbers rule again, based on the first two battles today.

Each team may bring 8 players, regardless of anything else. If there are more than that, then the defenders get the 2 man advantage.

So if A has 7 and D has 4, it's a 7v4. If A has 10 and D has 8, it's an 8v8. If A has 12 and D has 10, it's an 8v10.