Looking to buy a new computer....

Started by Jon415, April 20, 2010, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Red on April 29, 2010, 08:24:31 PM
Alienware is crap. All they offer is a shiny case and inflated prices, much like some other company I know.

nice....

hit me where it hurts

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

so wait. Lemme get this straight. You get 4GB of RAM standard, and then a 6GB upgrade?! thats like 10 GB.

ah, that would make more sense. But still, nice amount of RAM for free.

wow, that is a really good PC. Almost the same specs as my mac. Imo you should buy it.

Quote from: Jon415 on April 30, 2010, 06:00:40 PM
link hope
You can take a print out of the web link to best buy and see if they can do better. The words Choices: means you should look in to what you get for 599.99. Red and I and others say you can do better if you pick the pc parts yourself.

maybe find acompany that will build the machine for u with your specs

Ive been looking but nothing within my price range that has a decent graphics card is available :(
Will the 5570 be able to play games like swbf2 and KotOR or maybe CoD2? (assuming i get passed the win7 compatibility issues)

those are low Graphics demading games. You shouldnt have any issues.

Except for win7 compatibility.  Ive looked around and alot of people cant get swbf or KotOR to play on their win7 pc.

Just found new another computer that looks good but i dont know anything about compatibility.  Heres the specs:

Magic 2000 AMD 64 Budget

-AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz (Dual Core) 45nm, AM3 2MB Cache
-Spire Kestrel-King II AMD 64 fan
-ASRock N68-S nForce 7025, Onboard Video, PCI-EX, LAN
-4GB (2x2GB) PC5300 DDR2 667 Dual Channel
-ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB PCI Express 16x dual head, DVI, HDMI
-500.0GB Hitachi 7200RPM SATA2, UDMA 300 8m cache
-Lite On 22x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW
-Realtek HD digital audio (onboard)
-Ethernet network adapter (onboard)
-PowMax Black Mid Tower ATX Case w/ Front USB
-Logisys 550W ATX Power Supply w/ 6pin PCI-E
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit DVD
-Standard assembly and test 3-5 business days
how does this look?

Pretty good actually. It should work for games on medium settings. What do you mean by compatibility?

Quote from: shadow on May 01, 2010, 06:17:42 PM
Pretty good actually. It should work for games on medium settings. What do you mean by compatibility?

each one of these hardware devices much be inter-compatible with each other and the OS.

What Red kinda meant is that the computer you'll get is an investment. You shouldn't blindly go and buy the first one that seems good. You need to know your needs, and find a computer that meets them as well as your budget. Don't give up because everything is complicated.

And personally, I have heard not so good things about WD external HDD. I don't know if their HDD is the same way.

Quote from: Red on May 01, 2010, 10:03:15 PM
WD internal hard drives are the best around. Their caviar series is absolutely top-notch.

Fact.

#TYBG