[WIP] Bespin Map

Started by Shazam, December 29, 2013, 05:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 01, 2014, 04:14:10 PM #15 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:24:26 PM by Shazam
Quote from: Wreath27 on January 01, 2014, 04:10:19 PM
That was only a LVL file I downloaded. Wouldn't  there have to be a couple more folder to get the map to run?

I am probably being stupid...     :P

For now, you will just have to backup and replace your current bes2.lvl with this one.  I'm leaving it as a lone bes2.lvl until I have the map finished.

Don't mind the minimap either, I will do that once I am certain I won't be moving CPs or buildings

As per numerous requests, I will be reskinning the stock Bespin buildings to make them look more like the actual Bespin.  (less white, more brownish)

I am not sure if I should PM or post here, but I was using a side mod so something I say might be a side mod issue and should be pointed out. (Don't ask why I didn't just replace it with the stock sides, the files are mixed up with other side mods)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISSUES

Bodies sink down in the ramp in the carbon freezing pit. Not a big deal though.

CC is floating above you.

The AI act weird. They get stuck a lot. One AI I saw randomly was using his fusion cutter like he was trying to fix a droid, but no droid (This could be a side mod issue, as I walked up to the FC and got health from it)

The game ends to quickly, maybe more spawn points?

The map was pretty good, no big issues that ruined the map. I would work on details after everything is fixed, but the map is pretty good
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did enjoy the map, great for sniping. I also liked the little tower in the center by the fountains.  :cheers:

I looked for issues, couldn't find many. I guess that means you did a good job. The only issue that may need spending time on and that is important enough is the AI.

Good job.  :cheers:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

January 01, 2014, 05:03:51 PM #17 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:06:40 PM by Shazam
Quote from: Wreath27 on January 01, 2014, 04:55:03 PM
[spoiler]I am not sure if I should PM or post here, but I was using a side mod so something I say might be a side mod issue and should be pointed out. (Don't ask why I didn't just replace it with the stock sides, the files are mixed up with other side mods)
ISSUES

Bodies sink down in the ramp in the carbon freezing pit. Not a big deal though.

CC is floating above you.

The AI act weird. They get stuck a lot. One AI I saw randomly was using his fusion cutter like he was trying to fix a droid, but no droid (This could be a side mod issue, as I walked up to the FC and got health from it)

The game ends to quickly, maybe more spawn points?

The map was pretty good, no big issues that ruined the map. I would work on details after everything is fixed, but the map is pretty good

I did enjoy the map, great for sniping. I also liked the little tower in the center by the fountains.  :cheers:

I looked for issues, couldn't find many. I guess that means you did a good job. The only issue that may need spending time on and that is important enough is the AI.

Good job.  :cheers:
[/spoiler]

Thanks for testing!  :cheers:

That's actually really weird that you mention the game ending soon, because no matter what side I am it is almost always a close battle.  Maybe you were always in the right places at the right time... (or I'm really bad :P)

As for the sinking AI, I have never noticed that, so it must be your sides.  But I will double-check just to make sure.

I also notice the pilots getting stuck when they spawn on the bridge CPs.  I think they're trying to get to the turrets, but I don't know why they wouldn't take the planning path.  :unsure:

I MAY add Bespin locals...but that would take more work (and I like the map as-is, for the most part)

-edit:  Oh, and I am very aware of the floating CC.  I'll try my best to get it removed by the map's release.

January 03, 2014, 07:54:40 PM #18 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:57:28 PM by Shazam
I've reskinned the map!

Does it look like the right shade for Bespin?  I was using this image as a reference:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I know I went a little overboard on the sky, but I think it looks better brighter.   8)

I've decided not to add vehicles (not usable ones anyway) because sides are fairly balanced right now.  There's a lot of action on the battlefield and I feel having some AI flying around would be pointless.

Soooooo.... all I have to do is make a minimap and then convert the bes2 into an addon world, then it will be finished! :D

-edit:  Oh, and think of a name for the darn thing...

-edit2:  Okay, so I made a few shades for the various buildings in the map.  Which do you think looks the best?  The worst?  I numbered the 4 main shades so you don't have to point and say "that one!"