Scout Trooper with Jetpack?

Started by Shazam, March 11, 2013, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know if there has been a Scout Trooper with a jetpack model made? I would like to use it.

Any help is appreciated!

You can give any unit jet packs thanks to these handy addon meshes.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5565.0

Thanks Unit!

Which jetpack would look best on the Scout Trooper? I'm putting the stock DT one on, but I don't know if it will look very good.

I'd recommend either DarkTroop's or Ep3, maybe if you're good at skinning, change the rep's jet to match scout, but that might get dull after a few plays on the mod.

March 11, 2013, 01:58:51 PM #4 Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:03:53 PM by Agent Z
Thanks, RC. I added the jump pack to the Scout Trooper and it looks... odd.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Even after editing the skin of it, that pack just doesn't look right on the Scout. I think I'll try a different model.

The darktrooper pack is an oddball anyway, in the way that it stands off of the back so much.

It's because of the dark troopers posture. He stands like a hunch back compared to the other models.

Still lots of guesswork and compromises when it comes to kitbashing and manipulating parts and pieces.

Lol, he looks like a foot ball player^^

I added a CW jet to the Scout and it looks much better.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The only issue I found was when I was flying. The flames seem to be detached from the jetpack and look kinda odd.

(BTW, the jet isn't green because I just took out the coloration of it. I'll change it so it matches the Scout later.)

I think you can change the jetpack animation and get that fixed.
What skin is that? It's really weird and sort of neat!

the jet effect your using is JUMP PACK effect if you want you could take the txt from jet trooper and take the effect jet and it will look right also it can be jump pack with jet trooper effect and still if you want it jumpack its possable as well [spoiler]
JetJump       = "6.0"   //7   //The initial jump-push given when enabling the jet
JetPush       = "9.1"   //The constant push given while the jet is enabled (20 is gravity)
JetEffect      = "jetpack"
JetType         = "hover"
JetFuelRechargeRate      = "0.20" //Additional fuel per second (fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelCost         = "0.0" //Cost per second when hovering (only used for jet-hovers)(fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelInitialCost      = "0.0" //initial cost when jet jumping(fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelMinBorder      = "0.0" //minimum fuel to perform a jet jump(fuel is 0 to 1)
[/spoiler] [spoiler]
JetJump          = "21.0"      //The initial jump-push given when enabling the jet
JetPush          = "0.0"   //The constant push given while the jet is enabled (20 is gravity)
JetEffect         = "darktrooper_jetpack"
JetFuelRechargeRate      = "0.06" //Additional fuel per second (fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelCost         = "0.0" //Cost per second when hovering (only used for jet-hovers)(fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelInitialCost      = "0.45" //4initial cost when jet jumping(fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelMinBorder      = "0.45" //minimum fuel to perform a jet jump(fuel is 0 to 1)
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Nɪɴᴇ-ʙᴀʟʟ on March 11, 2013, 02:32:15 PM
the jet effect your using is JUMP PACK effect if you want you could take the txt from jet trooper and take the effect jet and it will look right also it can be jump pack with jet trooper effect and still if you want it jumpack its possable as well [spoiler]
JetJump       = "6.0"   //7   //The initial jump-push given when enabling the jet
JetPush       = "9.1"   //The constant push given while the jet is enabled (20 is gravity)
JetEffect      = "jetpack"
JetType         = "hover"
JetFuelRechargeRate      = "0.20" //Additional fuel per second (fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelInitialCost      = "0.0" //initial cost when jet jumping(fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelMinBorder      = "0.0" //minimum fuel to perform a jet jump(fuel is 0 to 1)
[/spoiler] [spoiler]
JetJump          = "21.0"      //The initial jump-push given when enabling the jet
JetPush          = "0.0"   //The constant push given while the jet is enabled (20 is gravity)
JetEffect         = "darktrooper_jetpack"
JetFuelRechargeRate      = "0.06" //Additional fuel per second (fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelInitialCost      = "0.45" //4initial cost when jet jumping(fuel is 0 to 1)
JetFuelMinBorder      = "0.45" //minimum fuel to perform a jet jump(fuel is 0 to 1)
[/spoiler]

I knew what to do, but thank you though. :)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 11, 2013, 02:27:12 PM
I think you can change the jetpack animation and get that fixed.
What skin is that? It's really weird and sort of neat!
I made that CC skin last Friday. I might release it today, I've had a lot of people asking about it.  :P

Sorry for the DP...

Can you add the Shock Trooper gear (the thing they have over their shoulder) to a unit using the same method that you use to add a jetpack to a model? I would search it on the site but I'm not sure what it's called...  :unsure:

Quote from: Shazam on March 11, 2013, 03:30:24 PM
Sorry for the DP...

Can you add the Shock Trooper gear (the thing they have over their shoulder) to a unit using the same method that you use to add a jetpack to a model? I would search it on the site but I'm not sure what it's called...  :unsure:
I think you can, just need to know the bone to attach it to. (So it doesn't appear on his back or on his shoes :P)

I don't think there is a shoulder pad thing as a single MSH addon, perhaps someone can 'cut' it off for you^^

The thing on the shoulder is a pauldron.

It's setup a bit different and can't just be attached to a single bone.  It's usually weighted to several bones (clavicle and ribcage) so it would have to be added into the msh.

The troubles that you get with the packs would be more pronounced with things that are supposed to conform to the body.   Where some packs ride high or low, or to close or far off the back of the model, the pauldron would need to be scaled and repositioned to fit the msh it's going to. 

Folks that can get rigged msh's out of ZEtools should have no troubles adding one in.

Hex-editing it in is possible, but fitting is tricky and hard to do well.

Quote from: tirpider on March 11, 2013, 04:07:08 PM
The thing on the shoulder is a pauldron.

It's setup a bit different and can't just be attached to a single bone.  It's usually weighted to several bones (clavicle and ribcage) so it would have to be added into the msh.

The troubles that you get with the packs would be more pronounced with things that are supposed to conform to the body.   Where some packs ride high or low, or to close or far off the back of the model, the pauldron would need to be scaled and repositioned to fit the msh it's going to. 

Folks that can get rigged msh's out of ZEtools should have no troubles adding one in.

Hex-editing it in is possible, but fitting is tricky and hard to do well.

Oh, well all I wanted was to put the pauldron on a Scout Trooper. It's not that big of a deal, though. I just though it would look cooler for my mod.

Thanks for the feedback!