[SOLVED] Hintnodes

Started by Snake, September 05, 2012, 02:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 05, 2012, 02:52:16 PM Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:58:50 AM by Snake
I've tried to put hintnodes for sniping on a bridge but sometimes when the AI go under the bridge they set up for sniping right there. No matter how high I put the hintnodes it won't just affect the people on the bridge. Is there any way around this?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

i think its 2d like barriers planning boundaries etc. you most likely can't adjust height values for hint nodes.

Well you can adjust the height, it just affects everything infinitely above or below it I guess..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

O cc there are hint nodes for snipers all over the map and they are on the top level...
Maybe if you spawn them up on the second level?

Good point, I wonder if I load the stock CC in Zeroeditor it will show the hint nodes..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It might show the hintnodes under the bridge, its just that no AI really get under the bridge without a grenade or something blowing them up...
So I say place a CP on the bridge and the AI should snipe on the top of the bridge.  :cheers:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 05, 2012, 07:03:35 PM
It might show the hintnodes under the bridge, its just that no AI really get under the bridge without a grenade or something blowing them up...
So I say place a CP on the bridge and the AI should snipe on the top of the bridge.  :cheers:

best let the modders handle the modding questions, kit  ;)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Well, Kit showed me what the problem was. It seems that hintnodes can be put on (very high) bridges without affecting those under them and/or its just that the AI go so closely under my bridge that the hintnode just reaches too far.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

If I remember correctly, H planning hubs/connections and possibly barriers all have an infinite height for them, The "height" scale in zero edit for those edit options is just for visibility in the editor, Best idea is to have a cp and planning graph pathway leading to the bridge, because then snipers will be on the bridge sniping like you want.

Edit: Whoops I got ninja'd!
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)