noentervehicles doesn't seem to work

Started by jdee-barc, August 31, 2012, 10:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If I'm not mistaken this prevents a unit from entering vehicles. For some reason, I can still enter vehicles. Does anyone have any idea of whats going on?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I may be mistaken, but I think it is only for AI.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

A way to test it would be to do a map with vehicles and play a lan game with yourself, ff on, with 1 AI and tell them to get in a vehicle. Kill them it they arent a dk. When you finally get a dt then see if he comes in the vehicle with you when you tell him to. If he doesn't then it works!! :moo:

I'm trying to make it so human players can't enter vehicles when playing as the darktrooper. My main problem is that because Its scaled to be so big, it will stick out of cockpits in fighters, it's too big for the turrets, and it's pretty much bigger than the speeder bike. So, it looks really stupid.
Current Projects:

The only infantry, that cannot inter vehicles, it is droidekas, probably, becouse they have own vehicle mode (roll).
So, you may try edit droidekas odf, for your "monster".
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Buckler on August 31, 2012, 10:04:39 PM
I may be mistaken, but I think it is only for AI.

This is correct, it can't affect human players.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well, that's too bad. I'll figure something out.
Current Projects:

Quote from: Sereja on September 01, 2012, 12:54:56 AM
The only infantry, that cannot inter vehicles, it is droidekas, probably, becouse they have own vehicle mode (roll).
So, you may try edit droidekas odf, for your "monster".
I think this is the solution. Somehow make you dt have a "vehicle" mode, like sprinting or something like that, then he can't enter vehicles! :tu:

In terms of the Droidekas' ODF it is classed as a vehicle itself, that might go someway to prevent your DT from entering stuff.

Won't work the Droideka is a hybrid class of a walker and a normal infantry unit. A very tricky class it takes animation in the same manner as walkers  and then it has it's ball mode which without which it will crash. You need to have an animation for said unit to enter ball mode and then it will just roll around and around while in ball mode.  Maybe good for laughs not much else.

is there a simple ODF or LUA code like NoEnterTurrets to disable AI from entering turrets?

Quote from: Phobos on September 03, 2012, 09:22:09 AM
is there a simple ODF or LUA code like NoEnterTurrets to disable AI from entering turrets?

I think it is AInoTurrets, but I could be mistaken.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet