Upcoming: [WIP] Utapau: Assault

Started by Snake, May 28, 2012, 07:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 28, 2012, 07:27:54 PM Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:39:56 PM by SnΛke
Yes, since the zombie map is coming to a close, I am going to make a new Utapau map. This will be no ordinary map though! I have been thinking of something to make this map unique, and thanks to Led's discovery of unlimited local sides, I have it! This will be a story map of sorts.

You will be leading the (an undisclosed legion) on the assault on Utapau. You will not be the only legion fighting for the republic in this map, though! This will be more realistic with (an undisclosed number) of the republics legions fighting side by side against a massive droid army. This will be a beach storming map (even though utapau has few oceans, this was the best place for the clones to attack.) The skins will be over the top, a few new weapons (nothing but new models really), more realistic weapons and units (i.e. slow but powerful SBdroids), and great vehicles. This map will be fantastic! I can't wait to start on it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Sounds cool Snake but that's kinda been made by Napseeker already.... ;) ( http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=36 ) Unless it was going to be totally different and cooler in which case, what are you waiting for? Get Started!! :tu:

Well this was going to be a much different map but I may think about changing the planet.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 29, 2012, 09:38:49 AM #3 Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:06:20 AM by Unit 33
I'll be here if you require any texture assistance etc.
It can be the same planet.. just in a different area... I doubt the whole planet is the same scenery all over.

Thanks and this is true. I have kept the planet but I will be making this an "Island Hopping" map, which I don't think has ever been done before. :D
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well there was...
Kashyyk Islands, Dulaan Mine Pit, and Kashyyyk Shores... but none of those fully explored the full potential of island hopping!

Wow, this sounds awesome!! You have a truely imaginative mind, Snake. Great ideas!

Quote from: Unit 33 on May 29, 2012, 11:47:20 AM
Well there was...
Kashyyk Islands, Dulaan Mine Pit, and Kashyyyk Shores... but none of those fully explored the full potential of island hopping!

Ah, I totally forgot about Kashyyk Islands.. I hate that map. Lol

Quote from: ¦⊗¦=·»✫Şђã·Żäм✫«=¦⊗¦ on May 29, 2012, 12:45:58 PM
Wow, this sounds awesome!! You have a truely imaginative mind, Snake. Great ideas!

And thanks!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

August 31, 2012, 11:39:22 AM #8 Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:42:20 AM by Snake
**Update**

Since the locals won't work for absolutely no reason (I think maybe just overloading swbf..) You will be commanding only one legion (Eagle Legion) on the conquest of one island called A'denn (And a smaller Island called Kepar.) I just have to fix up the Super Battle Droid and it will be released.

Here are some things I did to the sides:

CIS:

Super Battle Droid replaces Droideka. It is much slower, and scaled a bit larger, but has a lot more health and powerful weapons (But the wrist blaster gets very inaccurate if you hold it down). I edited the lasers/damage/explosions to what seemed more like it would be in Star Wars.

Camoflage regular droid replaces the spot that the SBD held. Regular weapons (rifle, nades, etc)

Green themed droid for pilot

REP:

Eagle Legion replaces everyone (obviously)

What is new with the:
Trooper: dc15s blaster rifle as main weapon and regular nades instead of haywire.
Heavy: Regular rifle as secondary weapon
Pilot: dc15s as main weapon
Sniper: 2 remote droids
Jet(Replaced with Commander Pascal): Increased health, dc15s as main weapons, regular rifle as secondary, commando pistol as 3rd

Bad parts about this map that I can't seem to fix:
No extra legions  :'(
The vehicles act very loopy and I haven't even touched their .odf's..
Map sometimes gets overloaded and crashes (SWBF can't even handle a dummed down version of what I wanted..)

Here's a map pic:

The moral of this story is that SWBF is too old. xP
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder