Previous topic - Next topic

Should It Be Made?

Yes It's A Brilliant Idea!
21 (87.5%)
NO! Work on something useful!
2 (8.3%)
Who are you even?
0 (0%)
SleepKiller Is too creative with Poll Options...
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

March 30, 2012, 12:59:10 AM Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:58:15 AM by SleepKiller
Early test pictures.

image hosting
OLD POST
[spoiler]So I had this Idea for a mod, we all know about the SWBF1 Conversion Pack for SWBFII. But we don't have one yet.

So my idea is port the SWBFII maps as best as I can done to vehicles and such. And port the SWBFII sides as best I could like the new classes. One of the special classes would have to be cut since we can't fit all six sadly.

Thing is I don't want to waste my time, I'm getting an increasingly shorter amount of it lately. So I want to know people want this kind of mod and would play it.

Comments, Flames, Questions, Suggestions?[/spoiler]

Yes.  And I would be happy to help.

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Sleepkiller, that sounds awesome! Just make sure all the maps can work without the mod in case we want to take it off

Cool, the more i hear about these kinds of things the more i want to start playing games again (maybe i'll give it a shot in the summer holiday).

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

IT`s a good idea,but,with this conversion coming out,map mods like Geonosis LPR will be able convert or just stock SWBFII maps?

I love the idea.

As for the extra unit class, it could be included, but only drop one for specific maps.
That way every unit could be visited, just not all at once.

btw, I'm still exploring Unleashed.
I didn't like clones till you released it.

I can do some sides, I figured out how to make the tanks and ships work just like in SWBF2. I had started a sides conversion but they were lost with my mod tools.  :'(
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Glad to see everyone seems (Except for a random.) to like it. More specific replies.
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on March 30, 2012, 06:03:40 AM
Just make sure all the maps can work without the mod in case we want to take it off
Just grab my (and others) individual conversions in the download section.
Quote from: Wusi.Disciple on March 30, 2012, 10:43:14 AM
IT`s a good idea,but,with this conversion coming out,map mods like Geonosis LPR will be able convert or just stock SWBFII maps?
Just stock SWBFII maps since I need the source files to work with.
Quote from: tirpider on March 30, 2012, 10:49:44 AM
As for the extra unit class, it could be included, but only drop one for specific maps.
That way every unit could be visited, just not all at once.
Yeah, like on a map like Tantive cut the Jettrooper and replace it with the Clone Commander. And to the people who hate the flying Zappy, stop hating my favourite unit! I won't be cutting it. (Mainly becaue i want to mimic as closely as possible to SWBFII's sides.)

@Snake And Buckler
Cool, I'll see what there is to be done once I start work on it in about a weeks time.

Oooh that reminds me!

Is it in the code somewhere that dictates how the ARC caster conducts from enemy to enemy? Perhaps it could be increased to be more dramatic like in SWBF2?

Indeed there is, I intend on copying all the weapons as best I can.

Sleepkiller could you possibly tell what maps you are in the process of converting so that we can look forward to the release? like "I am working on a death star conversion" or something like that.

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on April 06, 2012, 11:23:27 AM
Sleepkiller could you possibly tell what maps you are in the process of converting so that we can look forward to the release? like "I am working on a death star conversion" or something like that.
I am working on a death star conversion :P

First post updated with early test pictures. I know it's not much, I had planned for a video but xFire seems to be having problems and I have no internet data at the moment. (I've tried uploading it twice or was it three times.) I'll get you the video uploaded real soon!

My general thoughts on it. It feels like SWBFII when I play it, the units behave is much more SWBFII like. All the units are great fun to play.

I'm working on alliance in my spare time. I'm trying to get all the vehicles to work properly so I'll get some pics when I can.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder