SWBFGamers: The Battle Royale Mod

Started by SleepKiller, April 20, 2013, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Phobos on June 22, 2013, 09:44:06 PM
what fuel burns that color?
Quote from: tirpider on June 22, 2013, 09:47:05 PM
Image works, and I love it.
Unicorns and kittens?
I'm pretty sure it's dragonflies and bunny rabbits.

That looks nice SK, very nice. The map is really coming along! Looking forward to the sides and the map!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 22, 2013, 09:51:25 PM
I'm pretty sure it's dragonflies and bunny rabbits.
Ah, yes... unicorns would make it a rainbow.

And this:
Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 22, 2013, 09:51:25 PM
That looks nice SK, very nice. The map is really coming along! Looking forward to the sides and the map!
I concur.

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 22, 2013, 09:41:30 PMFor the love of all things good in the world, let the image work this time.
I can see it! It looks, interesting..... what are you burning? Purple dye?

Star Wars has impossible planets, ships that can fly faster than light, space stations that can blow up planets and you lot are wondering how the flame thrower is purple?!

All of those things have explanations. If you don't explain why the flames are purple then no one will like the mod. :P

We all know the reason though...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 23, 2013, 05:30:37 PM
All of those things have explanations. If you don't explain why the flames are purple then no one will like the mod. :P

We all know the reason though...
Alright explain to me in 1000 words how the Deathstar's reactor works.

As for an explanation. It's burning the same fuel that X-Wings use.

The colour of it is actually crimson but SWBF's blending system is turning it into pink/purple. So no I don't think you know the reason why ;)

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 23, 2013, 05:39:13 PM
Alright explain to me in 1000 words how the Deathstar's reactor works.
Death Star I or II?
Quote from: SleepKiller on June 23, 2013, 05:39:13 PM
The color of it is actually crimson but SWBF's blending system is turning it into pink/purple. So no I don't think you know the reason why ;)
Oh really? Maybe it's because your favorite color is purple:happy:

June 24, 2013, 02:02:12 AM #98 Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:04:15 AM by UNIT 33
Potassium can be used to make purple flames.
Many chemical substances can be added to fire to produce different colours, the principle is similar for fire works.

Quit derailing the thread.

When I have made the Arc-Caster lightning crimson red it has also become pink, you may be able to counter this by making the crimson more yellow.

[EDIT]
Woah!

So possibly tomorrow or the other day which follows it something will be released!
The mod? Heavens no!

Stay tuned for a TRAILER.

Well my internet data (It isn't called bandwidth you silly person. Bandwidth is the actual capacity/speed of a network.) is shot for the month. It'll be a few days before the next lot kicks in. So no trailer till then I am afraid, or possibly not at all. So here are a few random notes about the mod to keep you busy.

The mod is almost done, basically only a few things here and there need doing. (Mini-map and the like.) Although I will ask you forgive the not best job on the terrain in the map, it isn't my strong point and the map wasn't built to have terrain in the first place. It was an addition for gameplay purposes.

You may have seen some of the effects in the mod and may be wondering if they'll cause lag on your low end computer. The answer is no, the explosion effects are actually more optimized than the stock ones, meaning you'll probably see greater performance than the stock ones. (Although I can't actually test this, I hope you don't see performance loss.)

SleepKiller there are seventeen classes in this mod, how does the game make use of all of them? Well I am glad I asked. Using hyper advanced methods we are able to bring you a system of randomly selecting classes to use while the map is loading. Meaning a total of ten classes are picked each match and only in rare circumstances will two classes ever be picked twice in a round.

Now I would love to be able to say the mod is balanced... But quite frankly it probably isn't going to be, I didn't design the sides from the ground up to be balanced. The community designed their own classes meaning balance has basically been chucked out the window. It is for the most part balanced, but you may on rare event get a mix up of classes that is just completely unbalanced for one team.

Finally the release date. Currently it is planned to be the 6th of July. With a night to get together and shoot each other to be determined at a later date.

tl;dr version

It comes out on the 6th of July, it'll have cool explosions and randomly selects classes.

100th reply and also the one telling you it is out. Go play it http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6734.0 .

YES!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder