SWBF2 Campaign maps

Started by Anyder, April 07, 2014, 02:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright, so, does anyone know how to play a campaign map in SWBF2 dedicated server ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

This probably wont help but i read somewhere about selecting the campaign map files. not sure where they are though (i dont have it on pc)

April 07, 2014, 04:01:33 PM #2 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:12:18 PM by Anthony_b
I have successfully done this, at some costs.

1. There are no objectives, just an empty map loads
2. there are no bots aka AI units for any of the teams or NPC teams
3. The amount of bugs are substantial:
-auto assign is forced, but you can use admin swap to organize players
-space levels + polis massa crash, they are the only ones I can't make work even if it's an empty map
-you can't score award weapons for some sides or it will crash the players
-some parts of maps are blocked off like all those doors in Coruscant and Kamino, spawning in certain places traps         you but  you can mod stuff out like doors.
-maps will never end, no timer... reinforcements frozen the only way to end map is with an admin command on the server.
The plus side of some of this  is you can do stuff like cis vs empire on the mustafar level
or Republic vs temple guards on Coruscant + hooded Anikin for the clones

I have not yet attempted to really share all this  publicly bcuz I mainly hadn'y prepared most of it to determine all the bugs and what is stable.

How ever you can easily play campaign maps online if you host your own non-dedicated game(not a server manager) without any bugs or errors

how to play campaign online with hosting non-dedicated game:
read description

if you want the stuff I use to make it work on a dedicated server send me a pm, I don't want to make it public.

edit: I might later toss in the swbf2 forum in this site the stuff needed to run the broken campaign maps on a server manager, check back once in a while
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Yea, i already know u can selfhost that the thing is i want it in a dedi server

What you need to do is go to multiplayer, create a session, pick your settings then let the first map you chose load and play. Press T to type as usual, then, type this:/admin /changemap then put something like cor1c_c -thats the Knightfall level.it would look like /admin /changemap cor1c_cthen that map will load. you can use this admin command to run other standard maps withiot creating a new session. there are more admin commands designed to run on servers, google them.some of the career maps's code is:cor1c_cfel1c_cgeo1c_ckas2c_cmyg1c_cuta1c_cI don't know them all, but you can guess, g is for gcw, so maybe try nab2g_gother online players can join and play with you, they may crash or not be able to spawn since the campaign maps are auto assign randomly.to swap a player, use /admin /swap and a number(1 is admin)/admin /swap 2 would force the 2nd (or 1st) person to join to swap. The code for the campaign maps is as follows:cor1c_cdea1g_cfel1c_cgeo1c_c (training level)hot1g_ckam1g_ckas2c_cmus1g_cmyg1c_cnab2g_cpol1g_ctan1g_cuta1c_cyav1g_c
Sorry for bad formatting.  Hope this works for you!

Im sorry but i think u missunderstood my message, i waana host it on a dedi root server, not selfhost.

Well, im notnsure what either of those are, but I assumed there was a console of dedicated server.....

If u use the admin command to add a campaign map, and then u use the endgame cmd, the server will crash.

I will go ahead hereand post small but needed instruction to loading the campaign levels into the dedicated server.

First remember  this still will not work for Polis Massa and space levels.

You first need to edit the server manager's player menu to build admin commands for each map.

Paste this anywhere inside the document for PlayerMenu.cfg:

Campaign Maps>Coruscant"/admin /changemap cor1c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Kamino"/admin /changemap kam1c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Death Star"/admin /changemap dea1g_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Mygeeto"/admin /changemap myg1c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Tantive"/admin /changemap tan1g_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Naboo"/admin /changemap nab2g_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Utapau"/admin /changemap uta1c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Geonosis"/admin /changemap geo1c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Yavin"/admin /changemap yav1g_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Hoth"/admin /changemap hot1g_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Kashyyyk"/admin /changemap kas2c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Mustafar"/admin /changemap mus1c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Felucia"/admin /changemap fel1c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Polis"/admin /changemap pol1g_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Space>Yavin"/admin /changemap spa1g_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Space>Corucant"/admin /changemap spa2c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Space>Kashyyyk"/admin /changemap spa3c_c"|cmd
Campaign Maps>Space>Mustafar"/admin /changemap spa4g_c"|cmd

This adds a option to launch a campaign map while the server is running. Right-click the player tab while the server is running to find the new options.

This is where the modding comes in. You need to hex edit your mission.lvl in the server so go  on and open it up.

You will be breaking 1 string of text per each mission. Our test example will be cor1c_c  - Knightfall
Search mission.lvl for cor1c_c text string and you will be taken to it. Scroll down until you see ScriptPostLoad

ScriptPostLoad is the code you need to break. Replace any character with anything else. Mine says
ScripP-stLoad

You need to do this for all campaign scripts inside mission.lvl, again Polis and space levels will still crash.

After  you edited the mission and the player menu start the server and let a stock map run about 30 seconds.

Then go to the players tab and you can choose to load any of the levels.

The bad news, breaking ScriptPostLoad makes the server load the map, but kills the game script totally. You will only have an empty map. That is the result for each level. It's basically good for exploring and goofing off with extra objects and what not.

The best thing I could fine use for was the Mustafar level. Me and some friends did 5 vs 5 inner scrim since each side gets soldier, mortar, rocket, engy, and sniper. Empire has dark trooper but the cis is missing the droideka for that map.

The locked side that were not meant to be played like Rebels, CIS, and other factions usually have missing classes, and don't have heroes assigned.

This is far as I ever got with hosting campaign on a dedi server. If you find a way to load Polis, let me know.

Another note is an admin command on the server or directly from the server is needed to end each map since the script is broken, the reinforcements for what ever team for each map will not drop. If you mod each CP to become capturable, the map will still not end since it is not conquest.

Final notes:
-your game client will want to play the game movies for each map, you must skip them or the server will time you out and force you to rejoin.

-Do not score award weapons for any of the hidden sides like Coruscant temple guards. They do not have award guns assigned and if you score stuff like 6 pistol kills, your stock gun will disappear and usually crash your game client.

-You may find trapped places like the doors in Coruscant and Kamino. These won't open since they are scripted and you know.. the script has been killed. You can mod out the doors so they become hollow(they are  there but you walk through them)

Extra:

The player menu can also be used to load the stock XL maps. But it's gonna lag like a b!tCh

Those commands are:

XL Maps>"/admin /changemap hot1g_xl"|cmd
XL Maps>"/admin /changemap geo1c_xl"|cmd
XL Maps>"/admin /changemap kas2g_xl"|cmd
XL Maps>"/admin /changemap kas2c_xl"|cmd

If you are using a modded Hoth and Geonosis map file, those XL maps will crash. Stock server file must be played for those.

Kashyyyk XL still crashes at random(probably lag?).

Have fun, see what else you can get from  this.

Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.