cant join multiplayer

Started by Flo, February 26, 2011, 05:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi
I installed the game in vista under paralells on a mac.

the game runs fine but i can't join any multiplayer games on gamespy.
it says my code is the problem.

i have reentered my code but still the same problem

is it talking about something else than the DVD KEY??

it means that cd key is already in use by someone else, did you have this game on another computer before you put it on your mac?

hi

thats what i thought aswell.
no i have not used this game on a different computer.
the guy from tech support says it would be a different message if my key was used by another account.
i am thinking now it could have something to do with paralells.

March 01, 2011, 07:01:36 PM #3 Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:06:32 PM by ^snippers^
Does a message pop up saying your cd key is not authorized to play this game? Because if it does, you may have to change your key using regedit. I had some help from bamdur, because I had the same problem
Scratch that. Didn't see it was a bf2 post xD
(insert signature here)

Hi , there is something about showing a hidden device in the Control Panel and then Sound "icon or file" , when you get in there , left click and hit show hidden options or something . I did this awhile ago , and what to exactly do was deleted where i looked for it. You have to turn something on i think , maybe the headphones or speakers? hope this can give you a little clue
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

thx

i cant figure it out.

i will install swbf2 under bootcamp when i get a new comp

then it should work

my graphics are also totally weird aecause of paralells.

i think it s all paralells fault.

so for right now i will just play the number 1

Sorry for the bump but some useful information.

Not sure but when an install is happening the cdkey you entered is stored in an online database and if soembody else is using it it wont work ( i think)

If that isnt the problem you can try this.

Get your cdkey.

on vista or 7
on start menu type in regedit.

when it opens you wil see

all these hkey things.

double click hkey_local_machine

then double click software

then double click lucasarts.

then

Star wars battlefront 2

then

Click 1.0 and there will be a  value that says CD Key.
Double click that.
if it has nothing enter in your cdkey. if it has something else put in your cdkey. if it has the cdkey it might be the problem stated above or its invalid or in use

Well that's not it at all, since the cd key doesn't matter in multi-player accept when the other player is in a game (and i don't think the guy who had the serial key is online 24/7). I think it's because of the program that runs it online, which is gamespy.
I have the same problem at my mac. I can run the program, i just can't run it on gamespy.

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse