Decrease zoom view distance?

Started by Sereja, October 03, 2012, 06:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It seems, to fix overload bug, in my map, I need to decrease objects view distance. It is easy to do, by edit .sky file:
NearSceneRange(37.5, 165.0, 45.0, 220.0);
But when I try to use zoom (3rd person, not snipe zoom), the bug is back.
So, if somebody know, how to decrease view object distance, in zoom mode, please help.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

October 03, 2012, 06:37:06 PM #1 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:57:47 PM by Kit Fisto
removed cause i cant try to help.

Kit Fisto this isn't a question you can answer he is asking if there is a way to tune down Zoom View distance. And since you can't read the line he posted, he has hard wired his map to have decreased view and LOD distances. I'm guessing zoom scales those the distance by itself. You could try tuning down far scene range as well see if that helps at all.

Idk if this will help but you can try what fred says
Quote from: Psych0fredThe FarSceneRange is at what point the scene stops rendering.
If you set the FarSceneRange to 0 then everything blends into the dome. What does this mean? Look at Yavin1 and you'll notice there isn't a sky texture, it looks like the sky blends into a gray fog. This is because the FarSceneRange is set to 0. Otherwise the blending of the skydome is done with LowRezTerrain, as in the scene blends to the LowRezTerrain texture rather than the dome.
The gap between Near and Far Scene Ranges should be kept under 50, because in that mid range both near and far are being rendered (it's a buffer zone) and eats memory.

Funny, but my FarSceneRange parameters, was at zero already:
FarSceneRange(0.0, 0.0);
I think, it is connected with terrain view distance, but my Nar Shaddaa map, dosn't have terrain at all... :P
It seems, there is exist some percent grade, static difference, between normal view range, and 3rd person zoom... Not sure, if we can ever decrease those difference...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: