Started by tirpider, November 06, 2012, 05:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OverrideTexture compatible Rebel Medic

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=819

UNIT 33/regent - All_medical_backpack texture
tirpider - editing
Pandemic - source materials

A kitbash of the following:
SWBF1 all_inf_trooperfleet.msh (Pandemic)
and the various tga's, .options, and lowres models that they came with.

It's the same as the Rebel Fleet Trooper model but with the hidden backpack exposed.

Changes:
- Most of this is based on the Fleet Trooper edits...
- Rebuilt indexed triangle and polygon lists for compatibility with my process. (they are identical tri lists now.)
- Made OverrideTexture compatible
   - Merged unweighted MODL's as SEGM's into main body MODL. (lowres)
   - Created/adjusted weights of above.
   - renamed MODLs.
- removed "noicon.pic" TX0D from material
- remapped chinstrap uv's.
- seperated helmet and chinstrap into their own SEGMs. If you hex this helmet onto anyone, sometimes you need to adjust the chinstrap so that it's just below the chin. Having them in seperate SEGMs allows that sort of scaling without having to scale the whole helmet.
- added hard edged trans. to the lowres material. It bugged me to be able to see through the underside of the lowres helmet. This fixed that.
- made a makeshift texture (just uv lines and a bit of color) for the Medic backpack
- had to 'fake' the pack into the lowres msh. I just used the highres chunk. If it's too much for the engine, it will come out in testing.
- added regent's All_medical_backpack.tga

Possible future edits:
- Rearrange textures to make the entire thing OT compatible.
- Make a proper lowres for the pack
- Make a proper shadow for the pack

To make use of the override texture, the following line needs to be in the unit's odf
(replace texturename with the name of your texture)
OverrideTexture  = "texturename"  // body
OverrideTexture2 = "texturename"  // pack

This model uses the following tga's:
All_Inf_medic.tga
All_medical_backpack.tga
Rebel_face02.tga

Notes:
- I used the filename "all_inf_medic" to reflect the tga name and possibly the original intent behind this guy.
- I would have released it by itself, but it doesn't feel right releasing it without the pack tga or it's own skin. So it's just a bonus for now.
- Regent/UNIT 33, has made a skin for the pack. Thats all that was needed to make this unit stand alone. I'm switching the OverrideTexture2 to the backpack to be consistant with other models.

-tirpider (tirpider@yahoo.com)
visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/

Oh that's what it looks like.

I didn't test it in .msh viewer 8)