Started by tirpider, November 05, 2012, 09:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OverrideTexture compatible BF2 Darth Vader

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=818

tirpider - editing
Pandemic - source materials

A kitbash of the following:
SWBF2 imp_inf_darthvader.msh (Pandemic)
and the various tga's, .options, and lowres models that they came with.

Changes:
- Rebuilt NDXL and NDXT tags for compatibility with my process.
- Made OverrideTexture compatible
   - renamed MODLs.
- removed cloth and c_ collision chunks.
- removed 'ENERGY' renderers from materials.(see note below.)

Possible future edits:
- I have an idea for his cape, but may not try it till I have more info on weighting.

To make use of the override texture, the following line needs to be in the unit's odf
(replace texturename with the name of your texture)
OverrideTexture  = "texturename"  // body, head, robe skirt

I left the filename the same as the original as it is meant to be used as a replacement.
It still requires the same tga as the original
imp_inf_darthvader.tga

NOTES:
- The munger does not like the render types used on Vader's chest piece. I removed them as they cause an error on munge and cause the texture to be loaded 2 mor times for 2 effects the size of a bottle cap.
- There must be some signifigant differences in the attributes and render types between SWBF1 and 2. The specular just doesen't thrill me and looks a little ... off. Instead of reflected hilights, it looks like color smudges. Perhaps it is in how the texture is made.

-tirpider (tirpider@yahoo.com)
visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/

To fix texture issue, you should always have correct tga.option file:
-maps 1 -format a8r8g8b8
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

November 06, 2012, 03:02:53 AM #2 Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:11:16 AM by tirpider
It's using the stock tga .option.
-8bit -maps 1

I was thinking the material stuff was just different, because there is no purple in the tga, yet the game leaves these wierd purple smears everywhere on the msh.

I hope that isn't what they think specular is.

Once I track it down, I'll update this one with a Darthvader that's actuall black instead of smeary shiny purple.

(forgive the short-vader in the screenshot, I didn't have the skeleton set up for it just now.)

-trying your .option now.

-edit.. well look at that.
He's black. (and darker than the pic shows.. it lightened up in the screen shot.)

Thank you Sereja. I'm going to do some more reading in the BFBuilder documentation and find out some more about these TGA options. I've just been assuming the stock ones were 'right'.

I'll update this once I get him Shiney like he is supposed to be.