OverrideTexture compatible Rebel Fleet Trooper

Started by tirpider, November 05, 2012, 01:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 05, 2012, 01:29:12 AM Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:25:58 PM by tirpider
OverrideTexture compatible Rebel Fleet Trooper

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=817

tirpider - editing
Pandemic - source materials

A kitbash of the following:
SWBF1 all_inf_trooperfleet.msh (Pandemic)
and the various tga's, .options, and lowres models that they came with.

Changes:
- Rebuilt indexed triangle and polygon lists for compatibility with my process. (they are identical tri lists now.)
- Made OverrideTexture compatible
   - Merged unweighted MODL's as SEGM's into main body MODL. (lowres)
   - Created/adjusted weights of above.
   - renamed MODLs.
- Removed hidden geometry and it's material (see notes below)
- removed "noicon.pic" TX0D from material
- remapped chinstrap uv's. (see notes below)
- seperated helmet and chinstrap into their own SEGMs. If you hex this helmet onto anyone, sometimes you need to adjust the chinstrap so that it's just below the chin. Having them in seperate SEGMs allows that sort of scaling without having to scale the whole helmet.
- added hard edged trans. to the lowres material. It bugged me to be able to see through the underside of the lowres helmet. This fixed that.
- (removed medic zip from archive.)

Possible future edits:
- This guy is destined for helmet/head/pack variants.
- make a dedicated tga for helmet?
-

To make use of the override texture, the following line needs to be in the unit's odf
(replace texturename with the name of your texture)
OverrideTexture  = "texturename"  // body, helmet
OverrideTexture2 = "texturename"  // head

I left the filename the same as the original as it is meant to be used as a replacement for the original.
It still requires the same tga as the original
All_Inf_medic.tga
Rebel_face02.tga

Notes:
- Interesting. This model has a backpack for which there is no texture. I'll include an extra msh with it visible and a simple skin for the curious/adventerous skinners out there.  I'll use appropriate filenames so it doesn't get mixed up with the regular one.
   - removed medic and released seperatly.)
- This pack will, of course, need to be removed and added to my pile of variants projects.
- There was a chinstrap piece on the tga, but the chinstrap was mapped to the side of the helmet.  I moved it over. I think it looks much better and less generic now.
- The shadow was tricky. The triangle strips seem to extend across multiple bone weights. This makes seperating the head from the body a guessing game. I faked the lowres into the shadow.  It tests and munges fine, but if anyone wants the old shadow back in, let me know.

-tirpider (tirpider@yahoo.com)
visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/

Hmm, nice find on that backpack. I've looked at it in the msh viewer. I will see if I can make a decent skin.
That can't be right... 4 megatons is supposed to leave a much bigger crater...

I cannot see it Unit =/
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

November 06, 2012, 12:20:07 PM #5 Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:24:28 PM by {Alpha}Boom27
*sees unit's skin in msh viewer* well, that works splendidly. Nice job. Better than my little gimp project was going. Unit, do you use photoshop by chance?
That can't be right... 4 megatons is supposed to leave a much bigger crater...

November 06, 2012, 02:02:36 PM #6 Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:11:29 PM by UNIT 33
Quote from: {Alpha}Boom27 on November 06, 2012, 12:20:07 PM
*sees unit's skin in msh viewer* well, that works splendidly. Nice job. Better than my little gimp project was going. Unit, do you use photoshop by chance?
Yes, CS4. It really is a wonderful image editor once you get your head around it.

Nice job, regent.

... er, UNIT 33.

Thanks
Something old can be new again :)

I'll update the medic zip, and make a seperate dl for it.
I'll also update this one, but only to remove the medic from the archive.