Started by tirpider, November 04, 2012, 01:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
OverrideTexture compatible Tusken Raider

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=814

tirpider - editing
Pandemic - source materials

A kitbash of the following:
SWBF1 tat_inf_tusken.msh (Pandemic)
and the various tga's, .options, and lowres models that they came with.

Changes:
- Rebuilt NDXL and NDXT tags for compatibility with my process. (only affects console munging, and should be fine.)
- Made OverrideTexture compatible
   - moved unweighted hands into main MODL chunk
   - created weights for hands.
   - renamed MODLs.
- removed redundant material definition

Possible future edits:
- seperate interesting pieces

To make use of the override texture, the following line needs to be in the unit's odf
(replace texturename with the name of your texture)
OverrideTexture  = "texturename"  // body, head, hands, feet

I left the filename the same as the original as it is meant to be used as a replacement.
It still requires the same tgas as the original
Tusken.tga

Notes:
- I didn't let my plans for the Tuskens interfere with processing this model.

-tirpider (tirpider@yahoo.com)
visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/

Quote from: tirpider on November 04, 2012, 01:35:51 AM

- I didn't let my plans for the Tuskens interfere with processing this model.

Ooh cryptic!

I'm doing things to them that require cutting them into very small pieces.
Not really practicle for the purpose of this series.

Quote from: tirpider on November 04, 2012, 02:18:49 AM
I'm doing things to them that require cutting them into very small pieces.
Not really practicle for the purpose of this series.

50 shades of tuskens?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

heh
Did they play "dress up" in 50 Shades?

I've experimented with everything from a Dark Tusken Trooper (meh) to a Tusken Waiter (Luke with a tusken head).
I'll probably end up releasing the Tuskens before I get the map done.

Hmm... Hope you did not forget about females... Probably some face mask cud be very usefull for them...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Still looking for a proper garment for the females.

I played a Map in SWBFII that had female tuskens ( or I think it did at least ) I only played it once and I'm not sure if it really did.
Here's the map ( I think ): http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Tatooine_Outpost;118462

Take a look at the Kotor tusken females. Bioware did a good job I think.
That can't be right... 4 megatons is supposed to leave a much bigger crater...

Haven't played that map (no BF2 for me), but I will certainly start looking for a released  asset.

And as far as I know, the KOTOR models are pretty much off limits for us. I don't want to take the time to rip the model and hack it into BF1, only to get slapped with a cease and desist by Bioware.

The female Tusken's aren't a priority.  Wookieepedia says that some tribes would allow them to fight along side the men.  And after reading the rest of the tusken history and culture info, it wouldn't be to far a guess that you would not be able to tell the fighting females from the males.  The fancy bhurka looks more appropriate for a domestic female than a fighting one.

Quote from: tirpider on November 05, 2012, 01:29:25 PM
The female Tusken's aren't a priority.  Wookieepedia says that some tribes would allow them to fight along side the men.  And after reading the rest of the tusken history and culture info, it wouldn't be to far a guess that you would not be able to tell the fighting females from the males.  The fancy bhurka looks more appropriate for a domestic female than a fighting one.

Wookiepedia says lot's of things.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Bad_Jokes_and_Other_Deleted_Nonsense

November 05, 2012, 02:33:20 PM #12 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:39:03 PM by tirpider
heh

Yeah, I thought it was great when I first found the site.  Now I'm so sick of canon arguments...
I'll try to stay close to concept art and movie stills (I love the Ralph McQuarrie concepts,) but If I have to read 100 pages of someones fan-fic (commercial or otherwise) just to get the color of someones eyes right.. well.. that kills the fun for me.  I like SW as a fantasy, not Historical Research 101.

-edit
"Title: Death Stars are deadly" hahaha
That link actually made Wookieepedia interesting again. Thanks, regent.