common.lvl default lost!

Started by tommygun2414, November 23, 2012, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 :help: today i was poking around in my ENG, lvl, and common files because i had tried to use a skin and now i dont know which common.lvl is my default one! and i have 4 of them in all. Is there anyway to identify the original file needed to run swbf because if i swap and back up each one separately my swbf goofs up and auto exits.  :help:
~{PLA}~TOMMY GUN

Quote from: tommygun2414 on November 23, 2012, 05:26:15 PM
:help: today i was poking around in my ENG, lvl, and common files because i had tried to use a skin and now i dont know which common.lvl is my default one! and i have 4 of them in all. Is there anyway to identify the original file needed to run swbf because if i swap and back up each one separately my swbf goofs up and auto exits.  :help:

check the date.  the original is probably from 2004
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

November 23, 2012, 06:37:05 PM #2 Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:01:19 AM by UNIT 33
(i guess i relayed that message wrong) i know which is the default but when i fire swbf up without the 3 other common.lvl(s) it shuts down.

EDIT
:slap: ok well i figured it out and feel pretty stupid actually =_=. it wasnt the common files it was my side that i had mistakenly renamed and that somehow messed up everything else  :mushy:

Please do not double post, instead make use of the "edit" function - Unit 33
~{PLA}~TOMMY GUN

Ok well I'm glad you got it figured out. That happened to me and I felt sooo stupid!  :rofl:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 23, 2012, 06:57:38 PM
Ok well I'm glad you got it figured out. That happened to me and I felt sooo stupid!  :rofl:

I'm imagining that, as a Dodger's fan, this is a feeling you know well?

Quote from: BlackScorpion on November 23, 2012, 08:21:14 PM

XD

Quote from: BlackScorpion on November 23, 2012, 08:21:14 PM
Lol!  :rofl: I think you just wait around the forums until I say something you can use against me then you post it!  ;)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 23, 2012, 09:08:07 PM
Lol!  :rofl: I think you just wait around the forums until I say something you can use against me then you post it!  ;)

That's ... not too far from the truth. :D

Quote from: tommygun2414 on November 23, 2012, 06:53:47 PM
:slap: ok well i figured it out and feel pretty stupid actually =_=. it wasnt the common files it was my side that i had mistakenly renamed and that somehow messed up everything else  :mushy:
i knew how you felt when i was a beginner at modding.  :slap:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Well, another way to have the original one is :
1)Download the common builder
2)Just munge the way it is, and when it finishes, in the Common folder, there u'll have the original commmon.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on November 29, 2012, 06:12:26 AM
Well, another way to have the original one is :
1)Download the common builder
2)Just munge the way it is, and when it finishes, in the Common folder, there u'll have the original commmon.
Exactly, its all good unless you haven't modded it or anything.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

He has already resolved this issue.

Locked.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet