how to remove just collision on a terrain cutter that is part of the mesh ?

Started by wsa30h, June 07, 2020, 10:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
how do i remove just the terrain cutters collision ? and how do i know if there is one there i am trying to fix up the geonosis tunnel from the prototype map but the cutter has collision ingame i even made an option file for the mesh and put it the -donotmergecollision and it doesent make a difference.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

-donotmergecollision tells it just to not make a single collision mesh out of the constituent collision meshes but rather keep them separate.

You want -nocollision in your .msh.option file instead. That tells the munge to ignore collisions outright. Be aware that this will count for all collisions though.

It's odd that he terrain cutter itself should have collision in the first place though. You might need to open the object up in XSI/Softimage and see if there is a collision object matching the terrain cutter or nested underneath it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

turns out there isnt something in the terrain cutter doesent work properly i placed the tunnel on a flat piece of terrain and it works normally but when i try to walk trough the hill it has collision. so the hill is being cut trough visually but not physically any idea on what it could be ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh