Started by Oven, December 10, 2012, 07:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

test

7 (58.3%)
0 (0%)
3 (25%)
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

You wouldn't be able to admin battles involving YAK's allies, but right now it is an open question whether or not alliances will be allowed. We'll see soon; it will be on the ballot.

Potential Modifications Ballot Template

These seem to be the main issues that have been brought up in this thread; fortunately, there aren't many of them. Please copy and paste the text below, modifying the ballot as needed. Everyone can vote, including admins. You can edit your ballot as many times as you like, and you're particularly encouraged to change your suggested maps if someone else makes a suggestion that you left out. Please vote by Saturday at midnight EST.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Ingame Clan Assistance:
A. Exactly as in the ICW -- Alliances allowed, with the 2:1 rule.
B. Alliances not permitted, but Mercenary limit increased to 3.
C. Other -- please specify

Special Units:
A. Allow
B. Disallow

Small Planets:
A. 8v8
B. 5v5
C. Other, please specify

Map List (please be very liberal here; we are starting over, so even standbys like CC must be renominated. I reserve the right to veto certain choices for practical/hosting reasons):
Add: Planet 1, Planet 2, ..., Planet N

December 12, 2012, 05:31:46 PM #32 Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:33:22 PM by Epifire
Well glad to pitch in if you need me to admin at all. Just to busy in mods and work to really be doing much else in BF these days. Doesn't help that you can't really munge to well on a Windows 7 rig, but that's a whole other story.  :XD: Would be pretty cool to be able to make a solid map for the community but I just don't see that happening with all the comparability issues in the way.

Anywho, just stopping in and making an appearance so people know I will show up for this.
photobucket limit image removed

Well I have somethings to say...

Ingame Clan Assistance:
A. Exactly as in the ICW -- Alliances allowed, with the 2:1 rule.

Special Units:
B. Disallow

Small Planets:
C. Other, please specify - Why not make it 6vs6?
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

December 12, 2012, 05:35:20 PM #34 Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:37:33 PM by Oven
Thanks guys, please make (mod and stock) map suggestions too, otherwise I'll be forced to take on a dictatorial role...which, of course, I can do!

Ingame Clan Assistance:
C. Other -- depends on how many teams get involved, if we get a good turnout then I'm all for alliances (and 2:1 rule)

Special Units:
B. Disallow

Small Planets:
A. 8v8

Map List:
Add: All stock maps, including Jabba's Palace. All of the mod maps that were in the last ICW. (I can make a list if needed, but that would take forever)

*I plan on editing this later with mod maps that I find

I am all for Mod maps so long as we get rid of Ord Mantell. We had about a 1.5 hour match with Yak and it was fun but too wayy to long. I also support the idea of more mercenaries as clans have been scattered and have less members. Disallow special units for sure and keep it to one round/side per team per map.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

All stock maps
tech center
dantooine
hoth caves
mustafar
utapau NO TANKS hex them out
wookieeland
geonosis plains

remove coruscant and ord mantell

Quote from: Phobos on December 12, 2012, 07:56:48 PM
utapau NO TANKS hex them out
wookieeland
How do you hex edit the vehicles out? Is there a tutorial for that?
Does anyone have a link to "WookieeLand" modmap?

December 12, 2012, 08:53:00 PM #39 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:31:23 AM by Phobos
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on December 12, 2012, 08:49:27 PM
How do you hex edit the vehicles out? Is there a tutorial for that?
Does anyone have a link to "WookieeLand" modmap?
there's a tutorial somewhere on the board, idk exactly where but you will find it.

in summary all you have to do is open the world LVL with a hex editor and search for "vehicle_spawn" you will see references to com_inf_vehicle_spawn which you simply null out and save. takes only half a minute.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=213

December 13, 2012, 10:36:44 AM #40 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:48:17 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Ingame Clan Assistance:
C. As long as half the team is from the clan the other members can come from anywhere (mercs/allies) but nothing formal.

Special Units:
B. Disallow,  I would also like no tanks if we are only doing maps once.

Small Planets:
B. 5v5

Map list:
CC
Mos
Dantooine
Jabbas palace
Eddies italia (singleplayer version)
Nar shadaa: roof
Citadel
Mustafar

Edit: If we're not playing maps twice I would suggest a limit on how many times a team can play one side, I would say that's a fair compromise. Whatever you choose though I don't mind. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

After someone spammed our guestbook trying to scare us not to be in the ICW2, lololol (someone can't count), we have decided to be in the ICW2 :D

We should also vote on whether this tournament will take place using Tunngle or Game Ranger. I'd prefer Tunngle, but some people can't get it to work. :(

We could alternate between the 2. I can probably host but the pings would be 200+ on the U.S. West coast.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Haha its interesting that noone has voted for the secound one (off topic sorry) 5vs5-6vs6 is fine by me. Mos Eisley, CC, Kasyekk Docks (correct my spelling) Jabba, Yavin 4 is fun even better without tanks because they camp outside cps... Most stock maps. Tech centre is a must, had some great battles on there :) Will there be an Elk?