Started by Oven, December 10, 2012, 07:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

test

7 (58.3%)
0 (0%)
3 (25%)
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

December 10, 2012, 07:11:02 PM Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:14:53 PM by Oven
I meant to put this thread up a while ago; sorry for the delay.

Please use this thread to suggest ideas for the structure/rules/etc. of the ICW2, give feedback on what worked and what didn't in the ICW, and so forth.

I have a few offerings now, and will add more later (please comment or you run the risk of me dictatorially inserting these as rules regardless):

1. The map list, obviously could be improved. Coruscant: City  and Ord Mantell will not be making a reappearance, for hosting/play-ability reasons.

2. I think it might be nice to increase the role of Mercenaries in battles, by allowing 2 or even 3 per match, at least in Large battles. This allows for a greater diversity of players. We could even potentially disallow alliances, but allow mercenaries to be members of participating clans.

3. The distinction between Large and Small planets could be magnified. An example scenario is the following: Large planets would, as before, have two maps, and be a max 12v12, with the usual defender advantage that the defending clan cannot be outnumbered. Small planets would be, as has been suggested, a 5v5 "squad-based" battle. (Once again, I am rather hostile to the notion of completely changing the ICW2 into this kind of restricted gameplay, mainly for the reason that it turns me on to see large battles where a large percentage of the clan gets to play at once against a large percentage of an opponent.)

I thought of this in the first ICW. Why not have two match moderators, but ones that are clanless and do not hate 1 clan and give the non-hated clan the benifit of the doubt.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I'd like to suggest having Maze as a map. Also, Mos Eisley.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

December 10, 2012, 08:01:23 PM #3 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:02:59 PM by Joseph
Quote from: ComSharpshot on December 10, 2012, 07:31:33 PM
I thought of this in the first ICW. Why not have two match moderators, but ones that are clanless and do not hate 1 clan and give the non-hated clan the benifit of the doubt.
didnt that pretty much happen in the first one? i was very satisfied with all the admins

Quote from: Phobos on December 10, 2012, 07:58:48 PM
I don't like the Maze map because Jets always sit on top and can easily guard the outer CPs from being captured, it seems too imbalanced IMO.

There are some cool mod maps that could be added but most important is to make sure they will work with dedicated hosting tools first.

Both coruscant maps should go, and maybe add naboo?

agree about maze, and yes we should change up the mod maps that are included

December 10, 2012, 09:55:58 PM #4 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:58:26 PM by -RepublicCommando-
I'd vote against the maze map, my reasons

• It's a bit boring (quite infact).
  • You get grenade noobed all the time.
  • Jettrooper stalking all the time.
  • Too many glitches.
  • Too small of a map IMO.
(Yes I will be joining this ICW, if it happens. The reason I didn't last time, because I had too much to do)
@Droideka I support Mos Eisley!

December 10, 2012, 11:53:44 PM #5 Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:07:20 AM by Phobos
I'm for including all 17 of the stock maps. Dune sea, naboo, geonosis, were excluded from the first ICW. Maybe geonosis can be a large planet if you include Plains (sleepkiller port) and Spire. Also the Wookieeland port by Rends could be added to Endor to make it a large planet.
as i said before though each map should be verified to confirm that it works with dedicated hosting tools before deciding whether or not to include it.

speculative/offtopic idea
[spoiler]I have some really far out ideas regarding an LUA based in-game ICW map render I would like to experiment with later. It would basically appear as the Galactic Conquest map does and next to the planet names it would show which clan currently occupies the map and you could click on it to select it for more details (not attack though, it would just be a visual map). I'm not sure if it would  even work but it would be cool. A sort of interactive map guide to the current tournament status. I might even be able to have arrows on the side to scroll through each week so at the end you could look through every week to see which clans had control of each planet. Updating it every week would most likely require re-compiling a new script and LVL each time though and its probably too difficult for me to script something this complex as of now. Just an idea for later ;)[/spoiler]

Quote from: Joseph on December 10, 2012, 08:01:23 PM
didnt that pretty much happen in the first one? i was very satisfied with all the admins
Oh i didnt know that lol.

I agree with Phobos all the Admins and Reps did a great job.And a maze map sounds good.Also does anyone have any new mod maps out yet.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

I posted this in the other thread by accident but thought I should re-post her to keep everything simple;
It looks good and I'll take part in some form. I would however suggest scrapping the rule of the defender choosing the team and just have two games with each player having a chance at both teams. The winner would be the one with the biggest win margin. That way we can have all stock maps as phobos suggested but without having to worry about unfair sides at some of the maps. I would also like to see Dantooine dust agaain. That was a fun map. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 11, 2012, 12:20:43 PM
I posted this in the other thread by accident but thought I should re-post her to keep everything simple;
It looks good and I'll take part in some form. I would however suggest scrapping the rule of the defender choosing the team and just have two games with each player having a chance at both teams. The winner would be the one with the biggest win margin. That way we can have all stock maps as phobos suggested but without having to worry about unfair sides at some of the maps. I would also like to see Dantooine dust agaain. That was a fun map. :)
Lol why didn't u just copy and paste or just quote yourself and not retype the whole thing lolz :slap:

From ICW, there was a concern about maps that automatically begin with bleed; I don't think it was the most critical of problems, but it was certainly a nuisance.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on December 11, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
From ICW, there was a concern about maps that automatically begin with bleed; I don't think it was the most critical of problems, but it was certainly a nuisance.

Start-up bleed is easy to remove if you change its values in the mission LUA.

Quote from: ComSharpshot on December 11, 2012, 01:03:19 PM
Lol why didn't u just copy and paste or just quote yourself and not retype the whole thing lolz :slap:
How do you know he did not. :slap:     lolz

Quote from: Phobos on December 10, 2012, 11:53:44 PM
I have some really far out ideas regarding an LUA based in-game ICW map render I would like to experiment with later. It would basically appear as the Galactic Conquest map does and next to the planet names it would show which clan currently occupies the map and you could click on it to select it for more details (not attack though, it would just be a visual map). I'm not sure if it would  even work but it would be cool. A sort of interactive map guide to the current tournament status. I might even be able to have arrows on the side to scroll through each week so at the end you could look through every week to see which clans had control of each planet. Updating it every week would most likely require re-compiling a new script and LVL each time though and its probably too difficult for me to script something this complex as of now. Just an idea for later ;)
I was going to do something like that for the GGCW1, but I didn't know anything about modding, or GameMaker for that matter.. But That is a brilliant idea, I think I have some of my own, having more to do with a separate application, that can show live feed from a website (for ICW), and have an option to view the video of the battles in it as well, I might have an example later, it's too hard to fully explain in words....

Edit: Sorry for getting off topic XD

I was extremely satisfied with the first ICW despite the problems we faced. But, now we can learn from them and this one will be twice the fun! ;)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 11, 2012, 12:20:43 PM
I would however suggest scrapping the rule of the defender choosing the team and just have two games with each player having a chance at both teams. The winner would be the one with the biggest win margin. That way we can have all stock maps as phobos suggested but without having to worry about unfair sides at some of the maps.
I completely agree with gdh, this would be a doable solution to alot of argument. :)