Why people are upset about the new game.

Started by AiRJacobs, September 04, 2015, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm generally against games being released without a campaign mode but it's worth remembering that battlefront 1 only as instant action and a series of battles with film clips tacked on the start.
Battlefront 2 at least had a campaign with objectives but neither are designed to be single player games.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Gistech on September 13, 2015, 10:31:03 PM
It never was a feature of the new game to begin with, so how can they have removed it? I like the idea of tailoring the singleplayer experience.
I'm saying they never said it doesn't have it.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 14, 2015, 10:11:24 AM
I'm saying they never said it doesn't have it.

Yeah, I quoted the wrong post. Only realised when you replied. I meant to quote Ginev's.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Ginev on September 13, 2015, 02:34:43 AM
The maps they made for SP will be boring after you play them 2-3 times.Im sure im not the one who won't buy this game but if there is no multiplayers maps with bots for single player then clearly for me this game is the biggest fail every made.(Just my opinion)I dont need to wait and play game to see that it sucks.The only + for this game is graphics nothing more!This is just one big SHINY show off.

I was one of the few lucky ones who got invited to play in the Close Alpha. I cannot say much, but I can say from experience that the single player missions are very fun. I played the only one that was available, Tatooine, multiple times, and it never got old. Yes, they are different from the old Instant-Action, but different does not mean worse. This is however, all my opinion. You can try the game yourself early October when the Open Beta launches. See you all then.

Not all Im not interested by a CoD copypasted game..  :whistle:

Quote from: AiRJacobs on September 14, 2015, 02:09:56 PM
I was one of the few lucky ones who got invited to play in the Close Alpha. I cannot say much, but I can say from experience that the single player missions are very fun. I played the only one that was available, Tatooine, multiple times, and it never got old. Yes, they are different from the old Instant-Action, but different does not mean worse. This is however, all my opinion. You can try the game yourself early October when the Open Beta launches. See you all then.

Alpha players and beta players only got one of the SP modes, though, right? Alpha players only got one MP mode too but beta players get two.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on September 14, 2015, 02:23:56 PM
Alpha players and beta players only got one of the SP modes, though, right? Alpha players only got one MP mode too but beta players get two.

I do not believe I would be going against any non disclosure statements by telling you that you are not wrong when it comes to the Alpha.

As for the Beta, I believe that it will feature the exact same gamemodes and maps as the Alpha, plus the new Drop Zone gamemode. So you are correct in saying this.

September 14, 2015, 03:50:21 PM #52 Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:56:47 PM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: ~PFA~ Majesty Leader on September 14, 2015, 02:15:03 PM
Not all Im not interested by a CoD copypasted game..  :whistle:
Have you played the alpha? I've heard no one else compare it to Call of Duty.

Even then, I think you should wait till the game actually comes out to make that kind of judgement.

In truth, I think you don't want the game because it's not SWBF1. And you don't want everyone leaving SWBF1 to play DICE's SWBF. However, I don't think that's gonna happen. It didn't happen with SWBF2, so why should it happen now?

Don't forget there's no mod tools and no Clone Wars in the new game. SWBF has lasted over a decade, SWBF2 has lasted a decade... it's not going to die any time soon.
In Progress:

On Hold:

The fact that there is no modding tools for the new game is the heart breaking thing for me.Actually i was expecting to be like that.After all EA/DICE never give us such things in the past as far i remember.Thats one more reason why they dont make this for fans but only for casual palyers.They dont want people to play this game for long time simply because there will be more games from them which will come in the near future and they want all the people to be ready to buy their latest games not to stuck to some of them for 5 years let say.The fact that Battlefront 1 and 2 survived so long in this years is the modding tools and im 100% sure that EA staff are scared to death from this.WHy?because there is no money profit in this modding tools.Thats the MAIN reason why i hate them.NO BUY FROM ME EA!!!!Never turn to the dark side!For me this game is going to be only few videos+popcurns nothing more.On the internet alot of people are very very angry and im sure thouse angry rants won't buy it,trust me guys i can see it in the...BIG LETTERS! (Evil emperor laugh) :D

September 15, 2015, 12:46:53 AM #55 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:49:05 AM by Gistech
Frostbite and the DICE Engine sounds a hell of a lot more complex than the original SWBF Engine, though. How many computers would be able to run the tools? How many people would have the patience to make mods to the same quality as the game proper? I might also add that had SWBFIII came out, there would most likely have been no mod tools for that either.

At the end of the day, that 'angry contingent' is only going to be a minority. I for one can't wait.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I don't think know for sure there are no mod tools, but no one expects it :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on September 15, 2015, 12:48:07 AM
I don't think know for sure there are no mod tools, but no one expects it :)

No, because it's DICE.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm not gonna let small things like lack of clone wars and mod tools ruin the game for me. I've been waiting for this game for almost a decade. So I'm gonna buy this game no matter what!!! And if there's paid DLC, then I'm gonna buy that too!

So, DICE:
[spoiler][/spoiler]