Why people are upset about the new game.

Started by AiRJacobs, September 04, 2015, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WusiBabyEater on September 06, 2015, 04:44:24 PM
The new battlefront game has great graphics and it has some of the same mechanics as the Battlefield games since it's on the same game engine. The game has a very good star wars feel to it, while I was playing it I was blown away by the visuals and the sound, it felt like I was in a star wars movie. The only downfall is really the game does not take any skill whats so ever, it was pretty easy to go 22-8 on a first game, all you have to do is spray and pray that you'll kill someone. If some one new would of played battlefront 1 online for the first time today, they would get owned by us because Battlefront 1 takes skill.  There is also no depth to the game, they're no unlocks to weapons or anything besides unlocking new power ups so there was nothing to really motivate me to play the game more. I got pretty bored of playing of it after 6 hours but that might of been because I was playing on the same game mode and map lol. I'll have to wait and see if the Beta is any different than the Alpha. This game is worth getting but I probably wont get it the first day it comes out.

PROS:
-great visuals and sound
-has a strong star wars feel to it

CONS:
- No depth(weapon unlocks)
- Takes no skill
- only for casual gamers

I played the Closed Alpha and I can confirm all of this. Great visuals and sound, and it sells the Star Wars feel, but there is not much depth to the game and the game is marketed towards casual players. I went 40-6 multiple rounds just doing strafing runs with TIE Fighters and X-Wings.

However, note that I only played the CLOSED ALPHA . Many of the features, such as weapon unlocks and star cards, were not available in the Closed Alpha because it was meant to be a tech test; to stress test servers and game performance. We should have access to more items in the Open Beta when it releases early October. I hope I will be seeing you guys in the Beta, because I sure as heck will be there.

So far we should only expect the game to be what it is advertised. Immerse yourself in your Star Wars™ battle fantasies. So far I guess they're doing a great job. Visuals and sound effects are awesome. SWBF1 was advertised just the same : "experience epic Star Wars battles"

If people are upset about the gameplay, it is because they have false hopes about the game. The gameplay, idea of skill, and general mindset we developped in SWBF1 was not what LucasArts planned. We, the community made the game what it is now. Thus I believe WE are responsible to make DICE's game a great game experience-wise.

Quote from: Syyy on September 07, 2015, 08:58:19 AM
So far we should only expect the game to be what it is advertised. Immerse yourself in your Star Wars™ battle fantasies. So far I guess they're doing a great job. Visuals and sound effects are awesome. SWBF1 was advertised just the same : "experience epic Star Wars battles"

If people are upset about the gameplay, it is because they have false hopes about the game. The gameplay, idea of skill, and general mindset we developped in SWBF1 was not what LucasArts planned. We, the community made the game what it is now. Thus I believe WE are responsible to make DICE's game a great game experience-wise.
Agreed.

Quote from: AiRJacobs on September 04, 2015, 03:09:07 PM
I remember spending countless hours on the map Bespin: Platforms (best map BTW).

Oh my god really? I used to play that map ALL the time and I though I was the only one who enjoyed fighting over the walkways!

Besides, I'd like to add that I EXTREMELY doubt this game will be "Another broken Battlefield game"... Or at least not broken anyway.
As AiRJacobs has stated, it's always been related to Battlefield in so many ways that they are almost identical.
HOWEVER, it will not be broken. EA Star Wars seem to be extremely dedicated to developing the new Star Wars Battlefront and it will not be any where near undeveloped (unlike FIFA cough cough).
And opening up a Beta of Star Wars Battlefront 3 will not only let us get a feel for what it's like, it helps the developers find more bugs (due to users reporting them) to polish the game as much as they can before release.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

September 07, 2015, 05:35:12 PM #34 Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:31:54 PM by Led

Wow, I never thought of it like that. I guess it is our obligation to make the new game popular, whether the launch is successful or not.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 07, 2015, 01:33:34 PM
Oh my god really? I used to play that map ALL the time and I though I was the only one who enjoyed fighting over the walkways!

Besides, I'd like to add that I EXTREMELY doubt this game will be "Another broken Battlefield game"... Or at least not broken anyway.
As AiRJacobs has stated, it's always been related to Battlefield in so many ways that they are almost identical.
HOWEVER, it will not be broken. EA Star Wars seem to be extremely dedicated to developing the new Star Wars Battlefront and it will not be any where near undeveloped (unlike FIFA cough cough).
And opening up a Beta of Star Wars Battlefront 3 will not only let us get a feel for what it's like, it helps the developers find more bugs (due to users reporting them) to polish the game as much as they can before release.

Bespin: Platforms was the  :censored:. That walkway; Iv'e seen some things man...and some stuff...wouldn't recommend it.

On another subject, people have no reason to fear Star Wars Battlefront to be broken. The game is soooo big, that if it failed, I'm pretty sure the internet would stop working. Hence, EA and Disney will simply not let it fail. They have pooled an insane amount of resources into making the game to make sure it won't fail. No, people have no reason to fear bugs, glitches, and networking issues. I feel people are starting to worry more about the gameplay mechanics, if anything.

So just to reiterate: People aren't really afraid of the game itself being a broken mess, but rather, the gameplay mechanics not being what they want (full AT-AT control, Space Battles, Server Browsers, etc...).

edit by Led.  There is no cursing on these forums and do not bypass the word filter.  Further instances will result in formal warnings that can lead to a loss of posting privileges.

Not an obligation, but it is our choice to make the game enjoyable for everyone or not. DICE's job stops as soon as we play and immerse ourselves in ou Star Wars™ battle fantasies. They owe us nothing more than that.

September 07, 2015, 06:40:58 PM #36 Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:05:41 PM by Joseph
Quote from: AiRJacobs on September 07, 2015, 05:35:12 PM
Wow, I never thought of it like that. I guess it is our obligation to make the new game popular, whether the launch is successful or not.
lol

The gameplay, idea of skill, and general mindset we developped in SWBF1 was not what LucasArts planned. We, the community made the game what it is now.
Could you explain what you mean by this? I'm interested, but I suspect the reverse is true, to some extent: The skill-based-ness of a game has a large impact on the longevity and makeup of any "community" surrounding it. And the skill-based-ness of a game is something that the developers control.

It's certainly true that what constitutes skill depends on the surrounding community. But there are more "objective" components, such as how many hours on average it takes to be able to regularly get X kills in a typical public server on map Y, and these "objective" components are what I refer to above.

September 08, 2015, 09:20:34 AM #37 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:54:19 PM by Syyy
Well, I mean that we will define what is skill in the game, depending on our approach of the different game modes. If the community decides that one mode is not worthy of our attention, less people will play it, and it will become unpopular.

If we are upset about one specific part of the game, it wouldn't be because it was bad, only because we decided to not like it. Obviously a badly made game will not be enjoyable, but remember, lots of people liked playing in Bespin's corridors because of they affinity with the sniper rifle. The map was huge, but because of one specific part of the game, the community reduced its gameplay to one corridor.

The more I write the less I know what point I'm trying to make. I hope you will understand what I mean. The game is aimed to make us experience Star Wars battles, not to have a competitive environment where we can show off our skills. If we can experience Star Wars battles, there's no reason to be upset. We can be disappointed by the lack of elements that allow us to battle each others in a skillfull way, but that was not the goal of the developpers.

Quote from: Syyy on September 08, 2015, 09:20:34 AM
Well, I mean that we will define what is skill in the game, depending on our approach of the different game modes. If the community decides that one mode is not worthy of our attention, less people will play it, and it will become unpopular.
If we are upset about one specific part of the game, it wouldn't be because it was bad, only because we decided to not like it. Obviously a badly made game will not be enjoyable, but remember, lots of people liked playing in Bespin's corridors because of they affinity with the sniper rifle. The map was huge, but because of one specific part of the game, the community reduced its gameplay to one corridor.
The mode I write the less I know what point I'm trying to make. I hope you will understand what I mean. The game is aimed to make us experience Star Wars battles, not to have a competitive environment where we can show off our skills. If we can experience Star Wars battles, there's no reason to be upset. We can be disappointed by the lack of elements that allow us to battle each others in a skillfull way, but that was not the goal of the developpers.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I heard their will be no single player or campaign mode, only multiplayer.  If so  :td:

I also don't like that you get weapons upgrades if you spend an extra $10...... not so cool. :td:

But,  I will still get it.  Ima sucker for star wars games.

Quote from: Dbiz on September 11, 2015, 11:52:11 AM
I heard their will be no single player or campaign mode, only multiplayer.  If so  :td:
That's incorrect. There's no story campaign, but there IS singleplayer.

Indeed. Single Player has 'missions' which are divided into four types: Trial, Surivial, Battle and Hero Battle. Essentially it's an instant-action mode designed specifically for SP as opposed to just being the multiplayer maps with bots. It's an interesting idea for sure.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Its an interresting but in the same time bad idea.because i would love to play multiplayer maps offline with bots.Why DICE remove that feature.It was my favorite thing from the first battlefront's...The maps they made for SP will be boring after you play them 2-3 times.Im sure im not the one who won't buy this game but if there is no multiplayers maps with bots for single player then clearly for me this game is the biggest fail every made.(Just my opinion)I dont need to wait and play game to see that it sucks.The only + for this game is graphics nothing more!This is just one big SHINY show off.

Quote from: Ginev on September 13, 2015, 02:34:43 AM
Its an interresting but in the same time bad idea.because i would love to play multiplayer maps offline with bots.
They never said they removed that feature.

It never was a feature of the new game to begin with, so how can they have removed it? I like the idea of tailoring the singleplayer experience.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1