help with SWBF for someone in my clan needs HELP!! (Solved)

Started by Darth Verik, April 20, 2009, 11:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i did buy the game. and mac i dont  know what your talken about. and i dont think there is any scratches.

Quote from: "General X"i did buy the game. and mac i dont  know what your talken about. and i dont think there is any scratches.

Open system profiler and go to more about this mac or something like that then go to hardware. You'll fin your RAM and Processor power. Then go to graphics and displays and look for VRAM.

Quote from: "General X"where do i find the system profiler?

Go to the search menu on the top right and type in system profiler.

April 22, 2009, 12:08:10 PM #22 Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:40:48 PM by General X
here this is what u asked for. i think.                                                                                                                                                                Model Name: Mac Mini                                       
  Model Identifier:   Macmini2,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:   2 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   4 MB
  Memory:   2 GB
  Bus Speed:   667 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:   MM21.009A.B00
  SMC Version:   1.19f2

Thank You for your serial number! Now I can void your warranty! (I suggest you edit your post)

#TYBG

Was the game able to run on this specific Mac before? Your graphics card may not be able to handle it. Also, when you installed, did you install the patch? I know i had the same problem a couple months back on my MacBook; it installed but would not open without the patch here:
 http://files.aspyr.com/support/Battlefr ... Update.dmg
And as far as telling the patch where to install, don't change anything, just leave it at the default location (which I think is Macintosh HD, but i'm not positive). It should find your Battlefront folder by itself.

Edit: Oops, this is the same patch that The Pi posted back on the first page of the thread. Oh well, try it anyway.

you just recently got this computer, its got intel, SWBF was not made to work with leopard/intel and they gave a iffy fix at that. - the best guess is to try over and over, or copy the game (with the patch installed) over from a computer with tiger installed. it will work in those cases- from what i've seen of this its random on if it will work the first 10 times or the 500th time. good luck.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

with what patch installed? would it be a good idea to buy SWBF again?

April 23, 2009, 12:23:31 PM #29 Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:27:58 PM by Thomas
I think I still have my handmade updater for Star Wars Battlefront.

You can give it a shot but you must install a fresh copy of SWBF.

*Looks for my Updater, will post it soon*

EDIT: Here you go! Give it a shot!

//http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rzdejzyzj3o

#TYBG