Firefox problems (Solved)

Started by khy, January 23, 2009, 01:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 23, 2009, 01:06:28 PM Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:50:30 AM by Hardcore
I have to use Safari because of this.
Well all my tabs are gone (had like 10 saved) and its a blank window (also all my favs, and firefox tools are gone) the start page isnt there either.
When i go to a website i cant press a forward or back button. Help?

Your preferences seem to have been lost, and firefox may have crashed of some sort it may have corrupted it when so causing the back and forward problem.

Best suggestion is to reinstall Firefox and see if Preferences load (Tabs are back and home page loads) (they should still be in the system data) if so go about it, if not i don't know of anyway to get your preferences back as it may have lost them.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

If that doesn't work, blame the CEOs of the world.

It does sound like your Firefox data has been corrupted.  Another explanation for something as rudimentary as forward/backward not working doesn't really jump out at you.  Could the entire memory directory have been erased?

Did you try to "boost yo internet" with Thomas's instructions? You could have messed Firefox up a lot.

nope i already had a fast internet

The first answer to any problem like this is to reinstall. If that doesn't work, I'd try manually removing the plist files from your preferences folder and see if that kicks firefox back into shape. Farther than that I can't help you

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"