Naboo: Prototype?

Started by Kit Fisto, September 12, 2013, 11:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 16, 2013, 01:18:06 PM #30 Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:27:19 PM by Snake
I think we should stick to stock. The only non-stock vehicles I think would be a good match for this map would be the naboo vehicles that Psych0fred made himself. They could be in both eras too since they are vehicles native to naboo.

--

Also, maybe we should add naboo guard and/or gungan locals?

The gungans could spawn from the gungan ruin CP and the naboo guards from the hangar area CP.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

That canyon behind it all is pretty big.
Good for speederbike chicken races.

Why the map is not working for me someone know?It make the game crash.Not only the map the entire game crash :s

I don't know why it would crash.
It munges and works fine for me.

Does it give any error messages at all when it crashes?

Quote from: Snake on September 16, 2013, 01:18:06 PM
I think we should stick to stock. The only non-stock vehicles I think would be a good match for this map would be the naboo vehicles that Psych0fred made himself. They could be in both eras too since they are vehicles native to naboo.

--

Also, maybe we should add naboo guard and/or gungan locals?

The gungans could spawn from the gungan ruin CP and the naboo guards from the hangar area CP.
Now that I think about it we should use only stock vehicles. Except for the Naboo Starfighter, Prototype Combat Landspeeder and the AT-XT. (I love the AT-XT) also the gian speeder.

I'm not too sure about the locals. That would seem to unbalance the map quite a bit...

I doubt we want flyers at all, it could potentially mess with the gameplay and balance. As if we don't have enough to take care of :P

I'll try some things out. It actually seems like there were meant to be 2 naboo starfighters and at least 2 opposing tanks. So everyone had some speeders, the attacking team had 2 tanks, and the defending team had flyers but no tanks. I will test things out with locals and vehicles to see how the gameplay is. There are also some minor problems with models that cause AI to get hung up but I can fix those. This is a really neat map, though. I really love the design.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 16, 2013, 04:16:57 PM #37 Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:21:00 PM by -RepublicCommando-
I made it to where barrels explode if you shoot them (I'm surprised it wasn't already set to be like that.. who doesn't like blowing stuff up, right?)
- I've not really used hint nodes, so I'm fooling around with them now as well. Implanted Kits LUAs, testing now.

edit: Seems a made the barrels a little too dangerous... When they explode, they crash the game :P

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 16, 2013, 04:16:57 PM
I made it to where barrels explode if you shoot them (I'm surprised it wasn't already set to be like that.. who doesn't like blowing stuff up, right?)
- I've not really used hint nodes, so I'm fooling around with them now as well. Implanted Kits LUAs, testing now.

edit: Seems a made the barrels a little too dangerous... When they explode, they crash the game :P

If you want the exploding barrels in the game send the .odf over to me to keep things centralized. The N1's are in-game now, along with all other vehicles except the Nubian Speeder. The N1's need some .odf work though.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The main thing I see in ZE that needs improvment with this map is the planning. I'm going to wipe out the current hubs and start from scratch because they are terrible. The design of map is good and I'm also adding explosive barrels instead of regular props. I am thinking of making a special mission for this map which has a lot of fred's beta vehicles included (hovernauts swampspeeders etc). And a helicopter landing pad base.

Quote from: Snake on September 16, 2013, 03:35:05 PM
I'll try some things out. It actually seems like there were meant to be 2 naboo starfighters and at least 2 opposing tanks. So everyone had some speeders, the attacking team had 2 tanks, and the defending team had flyers but no tanks. I will test things out with locals and vehicles to see how the gameplay is. There are also some minor problems with models that cause AI to get hung up but I can fix those. This is a really neat map, though. I really love the design.
I like this idea but it might screw up balance as tanks destroy infantry more than ships.

We will just have to mess around with stuff but the only non-stock vehicle we are including is the N1 correct?

How many separate builds of this map do we have now (3?) or are you guys all sharing...

I'm more or less just goofing around with ideas, some quick edits (like exploding barrels), and testing multiple skins (night, day, and sunset) for fun.

I like making lighting skins just to keep things optimal and fresh, I don't really know if y'all would want that included in a 'stock' release. Also some object placement is a bit off (a lot of stuff is sticking out of the ground, and because culling is stuck on "on" for SWBF, it looks extremely tacky.), and tiny .lua edits.

September 18, 2013, 03:15:04 PM #42 Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:40:26 PM by Snake
I've fixed up pathing and gotten all the vehicles in. The gameplay is actually really fun now. The sides are pretty balanced too. I usually get an end score of 30 ish to 0. I still need to edit the N1 guns though. The torpedoes are way OP and the main cannon is basically useless. Anyway, the AI are behaving well so far.

---

Could someone edit com_prop_crateLG_01 and give it a bottom? Currently the bottom is open and there are already crates on the map where you can see up into them.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on September 18, 2013, 03:15:04 PM
I've fixed up pathing and gotten all the vehicles in. The gameplay is actually really fun now. The sides are pretty balanced too. I usually get an end score of 30 ish to 0. I still need to edit the N1 guns though. The torpedoes are way OP and the main cannon is basically useless. Anyway, the AI are behaving well so far.
That's great to hear! That sounds pretty balanced to me. Are you using my mission.lvl I uploaded?

After I perfect the sky file skins, shall I send them over to you?
-
Also I think I can do the crate today, I hope to be messing around with XSI today anyways :P