Naboo: Prototype?

Started by Kit Fisto, September 12, 2013, 11:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 14, 2013, 10:42:01 AM
wait so if its the data file in the BFBuilder doesn't that mean that we can just munge it into BF1 just thinkin out loud hear.
I tried that and there are errors I have no clue how to fix, that is why I want a "team" to help me.

Quote from: Snake on September 15, 2013, 11:38:41 AM
No, SWBF2 operates a lot different than SWBF1. It would just crash.
This is actually THE SWBFI source, the one the developers had access to. But there are errors that I need help fixing to munge the map.

Quote from: Phobos on September 15, 2013, 11:42:07 AM
I can help you fix the minimap :)

Awesome! Thank you so much!

So there are a few munge errors that need fixing and I'm going to entrust Snake and RC to try and figure that stuff out.

I will be handing the mission tweaks to improve the map (currently no AI will spawn and the GCW troops have the incorrect gear)

And Phobos will make the minimap like the rest of the SWBFI minimaps to make the map feel more professional.

Can you (Snake and RC) try to fix those munge errors?

September 15, 2013, 02:13:43 PM #16 Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:12:18 PM by Dark_Phantom
I thought this was interesting:
Corrected.  Wrong message.  LoL.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 15, 2013, 12:45:31 PM

Can you (Snake and RC) try to fix those munge errors?

Yeah, I'll get on it tonight.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on September 15, 2013, 03:33:17 PM
Yeah, I'll get on it tonight.
Awesome thanks!

I'll also finish the mission.lvl touch ups tonight.

Phobos, when do you think you can have the new minimap done?

Ok here are the new mission.lua's. I modified troop count etc. (attached) The current troop count would have made gameplay boring.

So I now we just have the munge error's to address and the minimap.

So, hey Phobos! Stop arguing and get on that minimap!  :happy: ;)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 15, 2013, 04:30:50 PM
Ok here are the new mission.lua's. I modified troop count etc. (attached) The current troop count would have made gameplay boring.

So I now we just have the munge error's to address and the minimap.

So, hey Phobos! Stop arguing and get on that minimap!  :happy: ;)
Sure once the attack posts against me let up I'll be happy to help you out.

September 15, 2013, 04:34:39 PM #21 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:41:59 PM by Kit Fisto
Uh, Moderator could you lock the Phobos hating topic?
Naboo: Prototype Project is clearly more important.

EDIT: Creating a Readme, credit's will of course be modified if anyone else helps out. :)

EDIT TWO: Here is the Readme. Let me know if you want anything changed. :)

QuoteREADME

Naboo: Prototype

This map is a professionally made Pandemic map that was used to test Battlefront one. The source was never publicly released until September 2013. Where me and a few others touched up the map errors and made it playable.

That's pretty much it!

Enjoy the map and visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php for any and all SWBFI mods and maps!

Created by Pandemic

Shared by Psych0fred

Edited by Kit Fisto, Phobos and Snake of SWBFGamers.com

So I munged it. I didn't see any that stopped the game from running or it from munging. First off you are not going to get this map the way the developers had it. So your end goal is flawed, you can't get it the way it was meant to be because you don't know the way it was meant to be.

Did you even look at the mini-map? What's wrong with the one Pandemic had? Sure it isn't the style they finally decided on but if you want the map the way it was "meant" to be you sort of need to stick to it.

Let's talk vehicles now. The ones Pandemic had in it at various points of development aren't defined. The spawn points are there, only a handful actually spawn vehicles and that is in the GCW era. So you ain't getting the map to the way it was in this area at all. You'd have to get creative.

Finally AI, there are zero hintnodes on the map. Sure the AI fight just fine without them, but on a big map like this giving them a bit more intelligence is a good thing. Also the map is missing a boundary.

Quote from: SleepKiller on September 15, 2013, 05:45:35 PM
So I munged it. I didn't see any that stopped the game from running or it from munging. First off you are not going to get this map the way the developers had it. So your end goal is flawed, you can't get it the way it was meant to be because you don't know the way it was meant to be.

Did you even look at the mini-map? What's wrong with the one Pandemic had? Sure it isn't the style they finally decided on but if you want the map the way it was "meant" to be you sort of need to stick to it.

Let's talk vehicles now. The ones Pandemic had in it at various points of development aren't defined. The spawn points are there, only a handful actually spawn vehicles and that is in the GCW era. So you ain't getting the map to the way it was in this area at all. You'd have to get creative.

Finally AI, there are zero hintnodes on the map. Sure the AI fight just fine without them, but on a big map like this giving them a bit more intelligence is a good thing. Also the map is missing a boundary.
Well crap. I didn't realize he map was incomplete. I can't do any of that editing.

I personally like the final minimap style and I thought it would fit. Well this jus turned into a huge project.

Does anyone else want to continue this project? I'll understand if no one does since this seems to be a lot harder than I once thought. :(

September 15, 2013, 06:15:26 PM #24 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:55:05 PM by Snake
Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 15, 2013, 05:49:26 PM
Well crap. I didn't realize he map was incomplete. I can't do any of that editing.

I personally like the final minimap style and I thought it would fit. Well this jus turned into a huge project.

Does anyone else want to continue this project? I'll understand if no one does since this seems to be a lot harder than I once thought. :(

I'll work on it. I need a break from Museum work.

---

Alright, for vehicles, I'm thinking of adding some stock tanks and kaadu's. Maybe a nubian speeder and naboo starfighter that Pyschofred made?

The pathing is really weird on this map. I think I will start from scratch and see if I can improve it any.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I just moved the world folder into a new project (doesn't matter where a project comes from, mine hates munging someone else' work) and it worked just fine. Vehicles didn't spawn cause I used my own mission.lvl, didn't feel like fooling with theirs yet, and AIs worked alright too. Pathing is a little goofed up.. But of course, it was in the process of creation, not scratched for no reason.

Vehicles will be easy to add, I think its the pathing that will prove a challenge..

In the Convo Pack Mav used light speeders, V-19, HAG, and Scarab Fighters if this is any help to you.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Thanks guys! I'm glad you still want to help improve this map.

I will continue to supervise and test revisions as they come out.

Phobos has agreed to make the minimap more SWBFI like. I have completed the mission.lua edits (however they might need to be edited for vehicles).

In terms of vehicles I think we should try out new stuff but nothing that was in the conversion pack. Maybe include lots of Sereja's vehicles that he had in his Utapau. That could be fun with those droid tanks and crab droids walking around. Or maybe even AT-XT's!

What do you guys think, should we stick with stock vehicles or try new vehicles mixed with stock?

Since vehicles are such a slight edit, perhaps have 2 missions with different vehicles we want?
Personally, I absolutely love the crab droid... I've always loved walkers, but the stock ones just don't make the cut(ATTE is close..). Maybe a little bit different setup for the eras, as of, I doubt you'd think of a Crab droid in the GCW era.

The other mission can be stock, maybe 3-4 speeders and 2 hover tanks per team.
- That is just my opinion as well, so don't feel confined :P

I download this map but when i place it in my addon and start the game Error apear and it say Buffer overun detected or something like that.Help please!