ICW4 Rules and Clan Signup

Started by Oven, June 24, 2014, 09:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am going to be traveling with little-to-no internet starting tomorrow and ending Sunday the 13th. While I'm gone, Dark Phantom is in charge.

He will be uploading the ICW4 map pack within a few days.

Unit 33 will work on an official tourney map, but my schematic showing starting positions is here: http://i.imgur.com/Bf7ZCc2.jpg

Additional admins are:
Phantom Bunny (xfire: happytoadfrog)
PatriotNorwood (norwood96)

We need more admins, ideally unaffiliated players.

July 03, 2014, 08:26:30 PM #31 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:29:13 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: Oven on July 03, 2014, 07:41:18 PM
PFA is joining.

Nexon, Enten hasn't met the deadline to join, so BW might want to ally with GRC. Alpha is also considering allying with GRC.

So the ICW4 clan list is as follows:

BOB
FC/UEF
GRC (+ allies TBD)
PFA
YAK

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't members of En'ten be considered members of BW for the ICW4?

Also:

"So to clarify, if your clan has a friend who wants to play exclusively for you, they should probably be put on the clan list. Players who don't want to commit to playing for a specific clan should not be on a list."

1: Do you intend the "players who don't want to commit to playing for a specific clan should not be on a list" and who aren't in that clan to play as mercs?

2: For clarification, if you are on a clan list, you cannot be a merc for another clan?  If the answer is no, there seems to be a penalty for those clan friends.

July 03, 2014, 08:33:25 PM #32 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:38:16 PM by Oven
Quote from: BlackScorpion on July 03, 2014, 08:26:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't members of En'ten be considered members of BW for the ICW4?

Yes but I'd really need to know that now. I don't think BW can play alone. Nexon posted under the mistaken impression that Enten had definitely joined. But Enten was not optimistic about joining when I last talked to them.

"So to clarify, if your clan has a friend who wants to play exclusively for you, they should probably be put on the clan list. Players who don't want to commit to playing for a specific clan should not be on a list."

1: Do you intend the "players who don't want to commit to playing for a specific clan should not be on a list" and who aren't in that clan to play as mercs?

2: For clarification, if you are on a clan list, you cannot be a merc for another clan? If the answer is no, there seems to be a penalty for those clan friends.
1. Cannot parse.
2. No, you can. Anyone can be a merc.

Quote from: Oven on July 03, 2014, 08:33:25 PM
Yes but I'd really need to know that now. I don't think BW can play alone. And Enten was not optimistic about joining when I last talked to them.
1. Cannot parse.
2. No, you can. Anyone can be a merc.

X is a "players who don't want to commit to playing for a specific clan should not be on a list" and is not officially in that clan (because there's nothing saying you can't be officially in that clan but not on that clan's list).  X should be a merc, correct?

Give me a day or two to sort out this map pack and make mission files for them.  After I send it out we will test them just to make sure everything works correctly.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

When is the ICW4 suppose to start officially, and when is the first match? Also Phantom how is your map pack coming along?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I'm pretty sure Oven said Week 1 will start July 13th (this upcoming Monday)

That is what I thought, but I could not find it, also the 13th is a Sunday.

Do we have a schedule?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on July 10, 2014, 02:16:31 PM
Do we have a schedule?

The clans schedule their own battles according to when their members will be online.

I'll have open discussion in the YAK Board to decide when/where we want to attack each week.

Quote from: PatriotNorwood on July 10, 2014, 02:10:15 PM
That is what I thought, but I could not find it, also the 13th is a Sunday.

My mistake.  In the past we have been able to schedule battles on Sunday and start the next week on Monday, so that's why I assumed the 13th was Monday.

Oven mentioned July 13th in the other ICW4 thread:
Quote from: Oven on June 23, 2014, 06:13:26 PM
Week 1 begins July 13th, with the first battles on July 18th. I anticipate 6 weeks.

Okay according to this: http://swbobclan.webs.com/apps/guestbook/ Phantom has completed the map pack, but will not be able to post it until this afternoon.

I just finished the map, so that's an indication that stuff's going to happen.

Due to Firewall, I could not post the link here earlier, and I wanted to be the one to say...
Here is your map pack folks!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/raiq686a26ce6x1/ICW4_map_pack.7z

Albeit a week late, but still here!
Please download this and replace your current levels with this.  If Jabba is not in there, just use a mission.lvl from another one (they contain every level) because it is slightly different.

Please test these and report bugs to me ASAP!

For the mod maps, fairsides for clones has to definitely be in there, because I loaded a different file for them (no SBD, regular Battle Droid).  Clone fairsides is just droideka and jet removed and SBD is a regular battle droid.  If there is too much negativity towards it, I will switch back the SBD, but I personally think it evens it out.
Fairsides is different for GCW maps according to a list I saw and made judgment calls although it will be easy to remunge if I have to.  Some of them might work just as server side, so you may not have to redownload.

For stock maps, it will all be server sided to fairsides or whatever the rules are there.  I don't quite remember, but I think if both sides agree to certain rules we should play them that way if at all possible.  Otherwise, it will just be wookiee or jet fairsides, whichever I pull out of my hat or a list.

If you didn't understand any of that, just download the map pack and get ready for the ICW4!  Please get organized with your clans as Week 1 is next week.  Please post your attacks promptly.  I will set up servers, but that weekend I will be away (I may be able to admin Friday), so admins stay ready.
:cheers:
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Unless more people sign up in the next few days, I don't think YAK will be able to compete in the tournament.  There are currently only 14 people signed up, and we had 24 in the ICW3.  Even with 24 in the ICW3, we found ourselves scrambling for members at times.

As much as I'd like to see YAK in the ICW4, it may be best to have them as mercenaries or to sign on and help other clans.