Converted SWBF2 Royal Guard (To SWBF1)

Started by AaTcFett, February 08, 2010, 01:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 08, 2010, 01:06:33 PM Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:10:25 PM by AaTcFett
Hey everyone this is a royal guard made completely by Darth D.U.C.K. but as with the swbf2 underhand chaingun, I decided to convert it to swbf1. It is ofcourse not as good as SWBF2 because of animations and such, but everything works really well.

Name: Fett's SWBF1 Royal_Guard
Type: Character Conversion
This contains: .MSH .ODF . TGA and effects
Compatible with: SWBF1 havn't tested in SWBF2
Download Size: 3.98 MB
How long this took me: about 20-30 minutes (took me a few tries)
Program used: BFBuilder
Contact: Xfire is cljcommando email is cljcommando@gmail.com
Pics:
Description: This is a converted SWBF2 Royal Guard (Red) I will have a blue one later. It has the Guard Rifle (By DD) and glaive (I guess by DD)
Credits: Darth D.U.C.K. for pretty much everything except modified vader cape, and me for conversion. Also, ggctuk has already (Not to my knowledge) released this so I would like to thank him also.

Download Link(s): http://www.mediafire.com/?nuijtyywnyu
Chuck Norris doesn't have heart attacks...His heart does not dare to attack him.
=AaTc= Forever

I've already beaten you to the porting if you want the BF1 Main Play Mod assets version that's currently available.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk on February 08, 2010, 01:23:10 PM
I've already beaten you to the porting
I don't understand why this seems to be a matter of pride since the "porting" involved is basic .odf changes that take no more than a minute or two. Since the model format is the same there is really no work involved.

What I am trying to say is that no one deserves "credit" for "porting" this model, so if he wants to post this here and it's not against the rules, more power to him.

Haha, I'm sorry ggctuk, I havn't downloaded those yet, didn't know that was in there. And actually mav, We both deserve credit for doing this, and it is not "basic .odf editing" it takes some time and effort to do. And it's pretty stupid that you locked my release thread on gt for it. Way to have a life. Anyway, gj ggctuk, maybe this will just count as a separate part of release of the main play mod  :XD:
Chuck Norris doesn't have heart attacks...His heart does not dare to attack him.
=AaTc= Forever

Please do not attack members of the forum. Especially because of a choice he made on another forum. That is his choice and if you wish to challenge it PM him on that site, not attack him here for it.

As long as you credit the person who made the models in this case it's Darth DUCK, Its fine you post them.

However it wouldn't hurt if you asked them first, it is always nice to know when your assets are used.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

February 08, 2010, 02:35:58 PM #6 Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:39:42 PM by ggctuk
Took me literally less than five minutes. My point being that I did it a long time ago, so it's not a 'matter of pride', just that it's already been done. They're probably that similar as well. Also, take everyone's advice and give credit where it's due. I generally ask people, when they use my Main Play Mod assets, to credit me for the organization, and whoever else's models their using. I have an escape clause too - if they don't I pull the assets. Hasn't exactly failed yet (although there seem to have been a couple of mis-credits along the line)

Fett, I would also advise against attacking people, as it quickly makes you enemies, as well as probably getting you banned.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I wasn't attacking, it just really annoyed me and HE actually came HERE so if he had a problem he shouldn't have posted, instead should have pmed me, and yeah I added you to credits, ggctuk.
=AaTc= Forever

February 08, 2010, 03:00:44 PM #8 Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:02:43 PM by Maveritchell
Quote from: Hardcore on February 08, 2010, 02:17:50 PMAs long as you credit the person who made the models in this case it's Darth DUCK, Its fine you post them.
It actually isn't DarthD.U.C.K., which is why I posted the reference link I did. You'll notice the reason he is the author of that post (and why he released the asset) is because he redid the envelope on the model - the actual modeler is Eric Landreneau. DarthZ13 also did the original conversion. Taivyx made the force pike model shown there.

To give credit only to one person is doing a disservice to people who did the work, and while I often jump on people for poor accrediting it is because of this - the only "payment" anyone gets for doing a significant amount of work for a mod is usually recognition, and when you strip them of that it is basically invalidating their work. For that same reason I think it's not a good thing to rerelease other people's work with your own, because it's too easy for people downloading "your" link to credit you for someone else's work. It's obviously not against the rules here and I wouldn't dream of trying to enforce my standards on this site, but wherever I do have the authority to enforce my standards I will.

In short it is nothing against anyone in particular, I just want to make sure that the right people recieve the credit.  :)

Quoteit just really annoyed me and HE actually came HERE
Yes boy it is obnoxious when people participate on sites they are members at. (P.S. I was registered and have been active here before the post above - I didn't come here to jump on your case.)

Almost every single asset in the Battlefront series is easy to convert to one of the other games. It's not really needed to create something like this.

While your spirit of helping out the community is encouraged, it is best to do so while creating instead of appropriating something and changing it a little bit and calling it your own.

I'll allow this to stay, since crediting the proper people generally isn't an issue for the remaining BF1 modders, but please do consider creating your own assets in the future instead of doing some very easy modifications (that don't even work sometimes).

P.S- we have a download section for exactly this very purpose- please do consider using it. :)

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I know, I'm sorry if I made it sound like I was taking the credit, but I can't model yet so I just try to do what I can with what I have, lol.  :shrug: Once I learn how to model you'll see plenty of MY assets :D
=AaTc= Forever