Shoot while riding kaadu/tauntaun

Started by Phobos, December 28, 2009, 01:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 28, 2009, 01:10:20 AM Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:38:46 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Wild on June 24, 2010, 03:24:54 PM
Hey MPC, I was wondering if there was such a thing to block the mini-map hack with some other type of mod so basically it doesn't work when you have that mod. All help is appreciated.  8)
Hacks can't be blocked via mods, and vice versa. It doesn't work because they are changing different files.

Quote from: quik on June 24, 2010, 03:26:27 PM
You can't block it. I don't think that's even possible, considering the minimap hack is just a mod for viewing all units. It's like modding the colors of your mines bright green to see them better. You can't null that, because the hack is NOT server-sided.
A hack is a hack and a mod is a mod. They are seperate changes to the game that function independently. Modding landmines to bright green is NOT a hack, it is a mod.

i think thats hard coded.
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

I think in the revamped sides mod, ( I stress  - 'I think' ) the kaadu had EMP grenades and a melee attack.

Only way i can see of doing this would be to give the Kaadu the pistol attack and just put the point the shots come from making it look like the pistol, however this ofcorse isn't exactly what your wanting, more of a hack and slash way.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Yes, that would probably be the only way to accomplish this. You could just alter the kaadu model to have a gun on it or something and shoot from there, but if you want it to be held by the rider that's either a model or animation issue AFAIK.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

In my mod I had the Kaduu have a staff attack and a boomer throw. The staff you couldn't see but it still worked and the boomer just kind of slide out in front of you, but it was still cool

For some reason my computer wouldn't let me download that map. I really want to try it out. Since the computer that had Battlefront on it needs a new part I guess I can try to make the map work on the replacement computer! YES!  :cheer:
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)