The impossible made possible

Started by Hardcore, September 23, 2009, 10:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, i hear things talked about in modding all the time, i've not done much along the lines of modding, atleast nothing that ever got completed but none the less to the point.

It annoys me to no end when someone says something isn't possible so i work around and try to figure out i've done this in the past with Auto Turrets for SWBF1 - while it hasn't been tested much BD did get a working auto turret from my basic idea. Essentially what i figured is that if you just make the unit a turret model, give it the turret weapon, remove mobility put it on the 3rd team and you have it.

This ofcorse isn't the best but it is Auto turrets as most people have wanted in SWBF1 for a while.

the basic concept goes for other things in SWBF2 that are "not" possible in SWBF1 such as the guided missile (See below) and so forth, so basically this topic is purely to discuss ways to make things that are thought to be impossible, possible.

Guided Missile is the one i'm currently trying to figure out.

So far i've got it to the point of understanding that taking the Recon Droid making it always moving if possible? giving it up and down control, and inverting the controls aswell, making its velocity much faster and just have it explode on contact with anything (1 hp/crashing into anything damages it) also the health drain could work as a distance limit so it blows up if its to far.

So thats the overall ideas tossed together, any thoughts on ways to improve on this idea? anyone willing to try it? As i sadly have never gotten far into these ideas because i can not actually test as i'm running a Mac.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I think in BF2 the Guided Missile can possibly be a form of flyer that can be 'dispensed' in exactly the same way fom either a ship or a unit.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

If I remember correctly from playing BF2 at my friend's house, the guided rocket is dispensed by the tie bomber copilot, the AT-ST copilot, Chewbacca, and is an award for the vanguard class. (Though the original rocket launcher still remains)

I'd also like to see a space map, which seems "Impossible". See my topic in the modding section for details on how I think that might go down.

September 24, 2009, 04:06:48 PM #3 Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:09:51 AM by Buckler
If you read Ryan's Map list- you can find a few space maps for SWBF1 in that- http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=310.0

look for:
BLOCK
CWSM
ENDD
GCWSM

IS a few their is more however on the list i think.

Are they like the BF2 space maps, or just flying? Because flying around gets old fast.

some have objective based (destroy the other ship) goals such as blow up CP's inside the ship.

That's no escape pod. I drove that missile right into the hangar bay. Sry, I forget what space map this was. But it was just 2 ships, each with hangar bays and ships to fly. I believe Seth was talking about this, but this is BF I, I have never played BF II. Could this be a space map port from BF II?

That may be CWSM(Clone Wars Space Map) ill play it a little later, i never knew it had guided in it... Thanks for the post Schtick!

I am downloading that map immediately.

Lets try to get back ontopic- About the Missile, Schtick did you fire that from a ship? or right out of your unit like i think.

That is CWSM, it has all the correct space craft. However, I tried to launch a guided missile and BF crashed.

If I remember correctly, I launched it from a dropship I think. It was from one of the larger ships not a fighter. Then I brought-up the secondary weapons, each time I pressed the "F" key it took me to a different view of the ship; i.e. gunner bubble, rear turret, pilot and bombay (or something like that). From the bombay I hit the "fire/left mouse" and launched the missile. You loose control of the main ship, so I had to be on a flight path away from any obstacles.

October 21, 2009, 05:13:06 AM #12 Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 06:13:06 AM by keenmike
on the topic Turret one can make it so that you see the turret gun on the ground. and when you press e you enter it just like a tauntaun. and after that the parameters of the turret is that of a soldier. with all the ordinances of a soldier and camera angles. so if you press e the gun is left on the floor like when you get out of the tauntaun. does this make sense, because i am just a mesh/skin/weapons changer. wait a minute, what if i make this as a mod but like the mods i like. what if it is online compatiable in multiplayer in for example the map theed. instead of the ships of theed you see a turret gun. which would be funny for the person along for the ride, but with weapons also. and still online compatible in multiplayer. see how this idea can be use for any ship on bf1 shipped maps in multiplayer server without crash. the fly ship can be the mesh of a jet trooper on steroids. and the cis ship on geonosis can be the mesh of a standard droid or a super battledroid that flys.

thats interesting about the autoturret. ill have to try that sometime. I have gotten a controllable missile to work but couldnt make it go up or down. it just hovered over the ground.
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

I tried to do what SchTicK did and it works... What you do is spawn on Republic side enter a drop ship take off and change position in the craft (press f) and click, that launches a guided missile and you press space bar and then that missile takes flight and you control its actions!

DarkSun  :cheer:

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.