3d Modeling [Work In Progress... forever]

Started by tirpider, June 08, 2013, 04:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw Unit's epic 11th Doctor Who skin, and thought that it needed a better model to match.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Not sure if I'm done with em, but this is a good checkpoint for screenshots I guess.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 28, 2014, 04:18:40 PM
I saw Unit's epic 11th Doctor Who skin, and thought that it needed a better model to match.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Not sure if I'm done with em, but this is a good checkpoint for screenshots I guess.
Oh very nice!
I have relied on the vanilla Luke model far too often...

It's looking real nice! You could put hard points at the center of the propellers and have an effect attached to each one that have the model and animation of a propeller. Sort of like what Sereja did with the dancers in Nar Shadda.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Actually, that's a Unity render (for Fall of Corellia project), and I've got a shader applied to the uvmap that makes it rotate, therefore making the blades spin.
What's really neat is I can control the speed with events, so during take off and "shift" stamina usage I can make them spin faster or slower depending on what I desire. I've been messing around with the model and Unity's physics engine and trying to make it realistic flying (just for kicks), and I've made it generate thrust from the blades, and having the whole thing fly just like it would in real life! Unfortunately having 30+ of those on a multiplayer server would cause undesired FPS count.. So I have to stick to my own hover class scripts to make-er fly more efficiently.

That was from FoC?! I sense you have a lot more work ahead of you than we originally thought RC.

Well you're not wrong about having a lot of work ahead of me, but rest assured this isn't all I've done. This is just a little scene I goof on in ;)

We should see some real results (a playable mini level where you can capture flags) very soon-ish.
Just have to finish some functional capture scripts, build 4-5 more static buildings and have Unit skin them.

Then I can move on with setting up a shinny GUI to get some outside interest ;)

Some pics of my HH-87 Starhopper:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It's realy shame, but I still do not know, how to make this thing fly... :shrug:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

May 18, 2014, 10:08:47 PM #129 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 07:39:14 AM by Sereja
Quote from: MileHighGuy on May 18, 2014, 09:56:13 PM
wow.. beautiful! how did you learn to texture so well.. and the model is gorgeous!
Thank's! :)
Honestly, I do not know, why I can do this, since, I never seriosly learn it. Perhaps I was a game disigner in past life...  :D
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

That looks so cool. You seriously need to give some game designers a call and see if there are any jobs available.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

June 20, 2014, 08:07:15 PM #131 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:13:32 PM by {PLA} Van STING
Here is an unfinished .357 magnum sub-machine gun model(and the original drawing). It is for a science fiction horror game that I'm gonna make in a couple years when I learn animation, texturing(how would I go about making a uv map for this?) and when I get better at coding.

*the first gun I've made in 3ds max

Here is some more pictures of the smg that is for the sci fi horror game and the unfinished dlt 20a model that is for FoC.

Those are looking pretty darn professional!

That looks pretty cool. Nice job on making that.  :tu:
Nothing is written here...