3d Modeling [Work In Progress... forever]

Started by tirpider, June 08, 2013, 04:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 12, 2013, 07:16:01 PM
Yea it has 2, 4,6,8, and 10 wheel drive. IT CAN DRIVE IN SPACE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :wacko:

EDIT: here's some commando assets that I got from Filefront from a while ago they were released by Majin Revan (the credits of who made what is in the readme) now its just white and black colored commandos but you can reskin them to Delta Squad. SCREW FIXER HE SHOULDA DIED

[spoiler]http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/5497098/clone_commando_source_files.zip[/spoiler]
Not quite the right place to be posting that - But they're not the actual source files converted to BF (I have been directed to that link about a two dozen or so times..)
I get extremely picky when it comes to perfection when its from another game I like alot. SWRC for instance, why do you think I chose my current screen name..?

so where do you get the direct source files
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 13, 2013, 06:59:13 AM
so where do you get the direct source files

From the people that made the original models.

so from Lucasarts, is there a plan B here

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 13, 2013, 10:12:18 AM
so from Lucasarts, is there a plan B here

Not LucasArts.  The people that made the models, as in modders and modellers.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

wait can't we just get the mod tools for RC and get the actual models and skins and convert them into MSH's and TGA's

I haven't seen any mod tools or a sdk for RC.
Did LA release one?

Quote from: tirpider on October 13, 2013, 10:33:48 PM
I haven't seen any mod tools or a sdk for RC.
Did LA release one?

Well, technically, SWRC uses Epic Games' Unreal engine. And there's an Unreal Engine SDK that people can download for free I believe. So really, in a sense there already is an SDK for SWRC. :P

I think he was wanting a pile of assets like we got with the SWBF modtools.

Quote from: tirpider on October 14, 2013, 08:28:39 AM
I think he was wanting a pile of assets like we got with the SWBF modtools.

Ah. Well, he could try talking to the few SWRC modding communities that are around, see if they have any assets at all. :P

October 14, 2013, 09:24:04 AM #100 Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:33:11 AM by -RepublicCommando-
The SDK is shipped with the game when you install the DVD version of SWRC (I don't think there is a CD version, just said DVD to be clear).
And you can find the Unrealed Editor in the /System/ folder along with all the other assets.
I do not have it installed on this PC, so I cannot be precise as to what you need to know, and where 'what' is.
--
As far as I know, the only tool for converting Unreal's format, is Milkshape 3D (its been a while, haven't been able to touch anything modding-wise for about a month.) But I think you have to register it, to be able to import the models. It will be a while till I can investigate.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on October 14, 2013, 09:24:04 AM
The SDK is shipped with the game when you install the DVD version of SWRC (I don't think there is a CD version, just said DVD to be clear).
And you can find the Unrealed Editor in the /System/ folder along with all the other assets.
I do not have it installed on this PC, so I cannot be precise as to what you need to know, and where 'what' is.

Ah, well, even though I don't have the SWRC game, I surfed the web and found a website that mods SWRC. They have a whole stockpile of tutorials and the like:

http://umh.sandcrawler.net/index.php

So is there modding tools that we can have access to with assets

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 14, 2013, 12:40:03 PM
So is there modding tools that we can have access to with assets

I'd assume some of the modders have access to assets, as I've seen some reused models and building structures in the maps that they make. TX Gaming (makers of the WarPack series) seems to use lots of custom stuff in their map making, but there's still a few reused models I've seen from their screenshots. Perhaps try asking the mod makers from ModDB (if you look at SWRC there's quite a few mods listed on there), they might have some assets they'd be willing to give.

November 14, 2013, 03:17:58 PM #104 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:23:56 PM by -RepublicCommando-
*Kicks topic lightly* Hey, wake up!

ANywho, here's what I've been doing other than algebra for a few days :P
[spoiler][/spoiler]
--
Well, that and finally getting a 3d engine up and running.. Sort of.. heh