[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
By the wookiee dreads being intact, do you mean still there, or actually functioning cloth?

I know you could probably make animations for them, but a cheaper way to handle it with it still being "intact" would be just to take the zero cloth flag from the part of the model, and then reweight it to the head, and neck bones (maybe even put multiple weights on them inbetween bones for some extra smooth action, since we can have up to four), and re-export it the old fashioned way.

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 08, 2014, 10:17:42 PM
Yeah, it would be. I'm going with the tri- shot.

Other changes:

-The STAP is now a flier class to better reflect the version seen in older games and in TPM. Haven't yet decided whether to make it fly like a standard craft or like the LAAT (which is basically a flying hover class). ATM it's a standard flier.
-The mounted turret acts more like the BF2 version.
-Got the Imperial Probe Droid working (I'm using the version from Sereja's Nar Shaddaa assets).
-Dependant on map, the CIS will have the original STAP and AAT or the TCW versions, and the Rebels will have either the BF1 combat speeder or the BF2 version.
-4 Spacemaps will appear in version 3 (Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Hoth and Yavin)

I aim to have some screens and gameplay vids up within a couple of days. Screens definitely today.
Oh cool. A tri-gun. Nice idea.
Nothing is written here...

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 09, 2014, 01:48:29 PM
By the wookiee dreads being intact, do you mean still there, or actually functioning cloth?

I know you could probably make animations for them, but a cheaper way to handle it with it still being "intact" would be just to take the zero cloth flag from the part of the model, and then reweight it to the head, and neck bones (maybe even put multiple weights on them inbetween bones for some extra smooth action, since we can have up to four), and re-export it the old fashioned way.

I believe Sereja has a wookie with the dreads attached. Plus I believe I've already mentioned I can't run Autodesk Softimage.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Commander Awesome on August 10, 2014, 10:28:12 AM
Yes, It's in his Beachhead map.

Indeed, but he hasn't released those assets.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

August 23, 2014, 12:00:19 PM #305 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:38:53 PM by ggctuk2005
Sorry there haven't been what I promised with regards to screens and videos. It's been a hectic week - I had to go to a funeral on Wednesday and I haven't been motivated all week. In any case, I've done a few changes to the mod:

-Blaster rifles now have 30 shot per clip and are slower firing. The trade-off is that you can charge the rifle to fire salvos of up to three shots (ALA the Light Rifle)
-Jet Trooper is armed with an EMP Launcher and ARC Caster.
-Imperial Jump Trooper has had its model changed to resemble the Krome TFU Jump Trooper (hex-editing the Jet Trooper jetpack onto the Clone Stormie that Deviss released). It is also armed with a flamethrower as its primary and an Explosive Blaster as its secondary.
-The Wookie Warrior has been replaced with the BF2 model and is armed with a Ryyk blade as its second weapon. Props go to Sereja for supplying me with the Wookie Dreads addon that I hex-edited onto the stock Wookie.
-Kamino: Tipoca City can be played in GCW.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 23, 2014, 12:00:19 PM
-Blaster rifles now have 30 shot per clip and are slower firing. The trade-off is that you can charge the rifle to fire salvos of up to three shots (ALA the Light Rifle)
Does this mean the sniper/heavy won't have a light rifle?

August 23, 2014, 12:47:35 PM #307 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:15:44 PM by ggctuk2005
Quote from: Commander Awesome on August 23, 2014, 12:39:43 PM
Does this mean the sniper/heavy won't have a light rifle?

They will, but it'll be made weaker to compensate. I don't want the Assault class to be OP - they're meant to take on vehicles and take out units at a distance.

I'm looking into including two more legions for the Republic (I'm thinking 41st and Snow) in Phase 1.

I'm looking at including a Rise Of The Empire era as well as part of Phase II or III.
In Progress:

On Hold:

More news: The mod will be retitled as "Star Wars Battlefront: Anniversary." There are now two phases and Phase 1 will see release next month. I am going to record some gameplay of GCW Kamino this morning. Expect that up and on here within a couple of days. And as the title is now "Star Wars Battlefront: Anniversary", I may even attempt to transplant this mod to SWBF2 next year as well.
In Progress:

On Hold:

August 26, 2014, 02:31:26 PM #310 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:36:38 PM by ggctuk2005

Returning to this mod has helped me learn a few new things as well. For instance: you can artificially extend sections of MSH files in XVI32, which is useful if you're trying to transplant an addon mesh and you don't have enough room under PRNT to specify what part to attach the mesh to. Also, I've figured out how Napseeker did his mission maps where he loaded new layers over the top of the old ones. It's useful for Hoth as I can load CW vehicles into the stock map.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Commander Awesome on August 26, 2014, 03:09:59 PM
So you'll be able to play both eras on all maps? Sweet!

Not on all maps, no: I plan on keeping Geonosis and Endor era-exclusive, but both Hoth and Kamino are now available for the era that wasn't available before (though Hoth has some kinks in CW to iron out as I'm having to load vehicle spawn points from another file and it seems the minimap doesn't munge for some reason)
In Progress:

On Hold:

Great, now if we can just get you hooked on XSI, you'd be unstoppable ;)