Sound Region Tutorial

Started by Snake, July 22, 2013, 02:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Could someone please explain how to make a sound region?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I know how to add all types of sounds for Battlefront 1 but now i dont have time.When i have i will make great tutorial so you can add what sound you like,even rumble (from Hoth) :)

Oh, I am waiting, for such tutorial a looong time...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Snake on July 22, 2013, 02:52:06 PM
Could someone please explain how to make a sound region?
theres 2 types of sound regions ones that fade and shift pitch with velocity changes and one that is same pitch but fades gain at distance which one are you trying to build? background music or sound effect region?

I'd like an area with some music. So I guess the constant sound tutorial would be best.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I would love to see a sound tutorial so that I might implement better voice overs for the stock sides... whatever that comes under.

July 24, 2013, 03:50:59 PM #6 Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:29:26 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Snake on July 24, 2013, 07:49:55 AM
I'd like an area with some music. So I guess the constant sound tutorial would be best.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5813.0
It seems this part is not yet complete. I know how to add these type of sound regions and will work on the tutorial some more later.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on July 24, 2013, 08:23:58 AM
I would love to see a sound tutorial so that I might implement better voice overs for the stock sides... whatever that comes under.
That would be modding the tactical ingame voiceovers which is similar to the FX these aren't too difficult to change either.

If you guys have played my Nar shadaa The roof map you know that there is cantina music out there.Actually this is sound region.When i finish my map ill add alot of custom sounds and after the release of the map i think to release and the DATA folder so all of you can see the map and also to check the sound folder to see how everything is working. :)

Quote from: Ginev on August 02, 2013, 01:10:04 PM
If you guys have played my Nar shadaa The roof map you know that there is cantina music out there.Actually this is sound region.When i finish my map ill add alot of custom sounds and after the release of the map i think to release and the DATA folder so all of you can see the map and also to check the sound folder to see how everything is working. :)
IIRC to add sound regions you need to use the square regions in zeroeditor sphere also works but it will create a fadeout range which distorts the pitch with fast velocity such as speederbikes. I do not have the source assets for this test map any more so if you release this DATA folder i will try to write a mini tutorial to explain the basic steps. the hardest part of sound modding for me is getting sounds to munge i have to use 32 bit pc and half the time it just fails to munge for no reason