FairSides

Started by {TcF}Dr.Penguin, April 01, 2011, 08:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
A while back their was  a PLA server with clones Vs. Clones called  {PLA}FairSides I think, how do you make a server like this? Also, can I be SWBFgamers.com resident penguin?

The Fairsides server was a mission mod using Battebelks mission tool.

You can make it yourself, or if I can dig it up I will post it for you, or else make it again for you--
but it would have to be later this weekend.

Buckler/ Led

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Her is a tutorial on using my mission LVL tool with instructions on changing about the sides to what you want.

Well if you were to make a new mission lvl only you(the host) would need it.
To do so download this http://aleafytree.zxq.net/mission.zip make a new project with BF builder once you have down this extract the files from the file you downloaded to common in your new project then go to the assets folder in your BF builder directory and go into Mission LUA Samples copy the contents of that into yourprojectdata\common\scripts then find the lua you wish to add more AI to we will use and look for the fowling lines they will vary depending on which era you pick to modify.

Look for.

Delete this from the LUA.

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\cis.lvl",
        "cis_inf_basic",
        "cis_inf_countdooku",
        "cis_inf_droideka");

Then look for.

--    Republic Stats
      SetTeamName(REP, "Republic");
      SetTeamIcon(REP, "rep_icon");
      AddUnitClass(REP, "rep_inf_clone_trooper",11)
      AddUnitClass(REP, "rep_inf_arc_trooper",5)
      AddUnitClass(REP, "rep_inf_clone_pilot",5)
      AddUnitClass(REP, "rep_inf_clone_sharpshooter",4)
      AddUnitClass(REP, "rep_inf_jet_trooper",3)
      SetHeroClass(REP, "rep_inf_macewindu")

And copy and replace the original CIS Stats with this
--  CIS Stats
      SetTeamName(CIS, "CIS");
      SetTeamIcon(CIS, "rep_icon");
     AddUnitClass(CIS, "rep_inf_clone_trooper",11)
      AddUnitClass(CIS, "rep_inf_arc_trooper",5)
      AddUnitClass(CIS, "rep_inf_clone_pilot",5)
      AddUnitClass(CIS, "rep_inf_clone_sharpshooter",4)
      AddUnitClass(CIS, "rep_inf_jet_trooper",3)
      SetHeroClass(CIS, "rep_inf_macewindu")

And then munge your project and go to _LVL_PC in your project folder copy mission.lvl and then go to by default C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC and rename your current mission.lvl and then paste your new one and launch the game and have fun

If your game crashes use sptest.exe.

PS. The tutorial is a modified one of my instructions on how to add more bots so it may be a bit messy   :)

April 02, 2011, 08:41:01 PM #3 Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:23:07 PM by {TcF}Dr.Penguin
Thanks every one, I really hope I can get it to work. I hope if I can't do it myself, Buckler puts it up for download soon..

:shrug:  Ah why not just use my method it has a download link for all the req files I re-created and they are the only thing from mission.lvl that is not in the mod tools.

The files have been uploaded to the site and the forum topic is on the Dedicated Server No Download Mods forum.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 03, 2011, 09:31:31 AM #6 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 11:48:20 AM by Buckler
Fine, I'll try your way first, Killer.

How do you extract files into BFbuilder project?

EDIT by Buckler:  Do not Double Post, please.  Use Modify to change your post.

They are a ZIP folder any archive program should be able to open it then copy the files and folder inside into your common overwriting the old ones. Then when it munges it will munge all the scripts not just the two ad-don ones and you should get a recreated  mission.lvl