UEF Server

Started by Anyder, January 19, 2014, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on January 22, 2014, 01:45:23 PM
Maybe we can put in a logmein type thing which allows us to get on their computer and uninstall Battlefront and put on something to keep them from reinstalling it

o.0
That just doesn't seem like a good approach.
Technical feasibility aside, you are suggesting hacking people's machines which might be viewed as criminal activity in most civilized parts of the world.

Quote from: tirpider on January 22, 2014, 01:52:19 PM
which might be viewed as criminal activity in most civilized parts of the world.
Which is why I live in the US, thanks to a certain President in office right now we are one of the least civilized countries in the world.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Come back toward reality Call-of-Duty.

----------------------

To remark on others' posts, I have run a SWBF server since 2009. 

Before Gamespy shut down, we could get real IP addresses and issues IP bans.  But people that are enough trouble could get new IP addresses and get around the bans.

Now with tunngle, people just get new tunngle ID's to get around any bans.

The only thing we can do is to try to foster a culture of respect for other people's property. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

So were gonna teach some 7yr olds how to respect people on a video game

January 22, 2014, 05:54:15 PM #19 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:58:18 PM by (212th)Josh
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on January 22, 2014, 03:37:05 PM

I don't think that's what he said... Plus, i highly doubt there is anyone near the age of seven that plays swbf. I think the youngest is 11 but i could be wrong. It is very hard to stop a server crasher like Led said. If this does keep happening though, It's sad to say that you would just have to put a pass on the server and tell the people the pass that you trust.

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on January 22, 2014, 03:37:05 PM

You may not be able to teach anyone anything, but you can lead by example by showing respect yourself. Others can learn from that example.

Looking down on someone because of their age (or perceived age through the distorted lens of internet behaviour) is not a great way to do that.

Quote from: (212th)Josh on January 22, 2014, 05:54:15 PM
I don't think that's what he said... Plus, i highly doubt there is anyone near the age of seven that plays swbf. I think the youngest is 11 but i could be wrong. It is very hard to stop a server crasher like Led said. If this does keep happening though, It's sad to say that you would just have to put a pass on the server and tell the people the pass that you trust.
What does "pass" mean?

<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??