GEONOSIS: DUST PLAINS SWBFII Conversion 1.1

Started by SleepKiller, March 21, 2012, 04:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 21, 2012, 04:33:21 PM Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:45:42 PM by SleepKiller
GEONOSIS: DUST PLAINS SWBFII Conversion

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=500

Patched download, grab it!

WHAAAT?? I tried converting this like 50 times and it didn't work  :o.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on March 21, 2012, 06:41:11 PM
WHAAAT?? I tried converting this like 50 times and it didn't work  :o.

Just my in-depth knowledge on the subject of porting maps, I assure you no sorcery was involved :P .

Thanks this is a good map. Better than spire? Yes. :cheers:

Nice Sleepkiller.   You never cease to amaze me!

Incredible!!!!

So now all the SWBF II maps have been converted
(except the space ones but those can't function well on SWBF 1 I think )

Oh yeah... we do indeed have all SWBFII Ground maps... I sense a map pack!

Fantatic, SleepKiller!
You keep knocking them out of the park, every time.
I love it.

Excellent job, SK. I was quite happy to finally play this one in SWBF1 at long last.

I have two comments though:
- there's a floor collision problem near one of the CPs.  It's the big mountain/hill, when you spawn from the CP there, and just move a few feet away, you can easily fall through the ground and down into the interior of the mountain mesh.
- I'm not sure if this is a problem with my version or what: I was playing with the standard clone sides and I've noticed that the game balance is off.  There's no way for the REP team to win. Ever!  I've tried different tactics, but every time the CIS just eventually slaughters the REPs in single play.  I think a big part of that is because none of the REP hovertanks are working right... they seem to be as light as air, and literally do somersaults like tumbleweeds when you try to pilot them around.  As a result, the REP only has just the AT-TE to fight off the hailfire droid and the errr, pod things that shoot the lasers (man, I really have forgotten a lot about SWBF!) so the REPs are outgunned badly.

I do hope these can be fixed, it certainly would make it more fun to play in single player mode.

I agree with napseeker, but the hover tanks don't do sumersalts for me?! Me and my little bro barely win with the rep!

Quote from: Napseeker on March 25, 2012, 11:32:58 AM
Excellent job, SK. I was quite happy to finally play this one in SWBF1 at long last.

I have two comments though:
- there's a floor collision problem near one of the CPs.  It's the big mountain/hill, when you spawn from the CP there, and just move a few feet away, you can easily fall through the ground and down into the interior of the mountain mesh.
- I'm not sure if this is a problem with my version or what: I was playing with the standard clone sides and I've noticed that the game balance is off.  There's no way for the REP team to win. Ever!  I've tried different tactics, but every time the CIS just eventually slaughters the REPs in single play.  I think a big part of that is because none of the REP hovertanks are working right... they seem to be as light as air, and literally do somersaults like tumbleweeds when you try to pilot them around.  As a result, the REP only has just the AT-TE to fight off the hailfire droid and the errr, pod things that shoot the lasers (man, I really have forgotten a lot about SWBF!) so the REPs are outgunned badly.

I do hope these can be fixed, it certainly would make it more fun to play in single player mode.
I'll try to put a patch out within the next few days. I'm not sure what I can do about balance though. The vehicles are exactly what they are in SWBFII. I'm open to suggestions about what could be done to fix balance.

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 25, 2012, 03:26:32 PM
I'll try to put a patch out within the next few days. I'm not sure what I can do about balance though. The vehicles are exactly what they are in SWBFII. I'm open to suggestions about what could be done to fix balance.

Well, I think a good map can be used in many ways.  It is always possible to add custom sides and things.  But what I would recommend to fix a balance issue when using standard sides is just to add a few more tickets to one side or the other--take the stock SWBF kamino map for example--I think that CIS gets 20-30 more tickets.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Patched Download with the bug fixes be sure to grab it for more SWBF fun!