Phase II Prototype unit

Started by Giftheck, January 14, 2011, 11:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
penguin,

Thanks for releasing this.  It appears that you made the low res msh the same for all the units.  In the distance, they all look alike.

If someone wants to make low res mesh subs for these units, it would be nice :)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

So, what kind of fix has been done beyond making the textures overrideable? I only ask because on GameToast, AceMastermind also fixed this unit for me.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I still have my source folder for it.
I'll dig into it and post a detailed list of what I did when I get back from the store :)

July 13, 2012, 02:55:25 PM #33 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:22:20 PM by tirpider
Ok.

Someone pointed out a foot that was not rendering correctly in-game (BF1, I don't know how they were acting in BF2)

It turned out that there was an issue with the way the material indexes were lining up (MNDX)

All I did was make sure there were no duplicate MNDX's and went back through to make sure the ENVL's pointed to the corrected MNDX's.

Then someone wanted to be able to use them all in one side, so I did the override texture thing.
I looked at the download, and I didn't make an override texture change to them.
I went the way of making filename changes to accomodate all the files being in the same side folder.
In retrospect, override texture would be a much better way to handle it. (I didn't know how to make it happen then)

I believe that is all I did to them.
(I see no other differences in my work folder)

-edit
I did find some more.
The original MSH2 size entry was off a bit and I also did some file renaming.

I did keep the original documentation for it, and annotated my changes, but declined to add my name to your credit list, as my additions were maintenance and not creative.

-edit
Looking at them again.. If I were to do anything else at all.. it would be to make the material for the skirts doublesided, and add a skirt to the lowres models.