Pc acting really wierd.

Started by Jamman, May 21, 2011, 09:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, im not really sure about what it is, so im just listing what happened.

Pc start button, where the green light shows that your Pc is on, was flashing red, and beeping 4 times apart.
I searched it on other computer and it said 4 beeps is somthing to do with Power supply.
I opened the Pc, sprayed it out with canned air.
Everything looked normal.

Last week or so, ive got this error report about my graphics card, and its popped up several times since then, although I didnt really pay any attention to it though.
I took out the graphics card I bought. (seperate purchase from the Pc).
The Pc now works, but when im playing swbf my game is alot more slower, I mean I have to shoot at least 3-4 seconds ahead using sniper to hit someone.

Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) is what came with the computer, but the one I bought was: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Im completley lost on what to do, should I just buy a new card? or..?

First, I think a GT 220 is good enough to play swbf. It sounds like you need to update your video drivers. Go into control panel, device manager, and select properties for your video card then search for updates.

get a new power supply.  if its not keeping the voltage, your vid card will be affected.

They run about $40 (assuming desktop).  If you want help selecting one, look on the back for the wattage, and try to find out what its using. 

If you know the brand and model of your computer, we can look up the case form factor.  It takes about 10  minutes and the removal of maybe two screws to change out the PS.

regards,
Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

For a new PSU I recommend Corsair. They are the most reliable brand I know of. You can find them on Newegg.com pretty reasonably priced. 500-600W should be enough. If your current PSU is failing you need to get a new one quickly or it can fry your whole computer. I know this from experience because it happened with a refurbished PC I bought years ago.